99 1998 major fuel leak Dangerous - richie1309
Hi all,

More of a warning than anything else, just one of those things to look at every now again especailly if you smell petrol.
I've not long brought my second XSi, low millage full peugeot service history... that said not worth the paper its written the previous owner spent a fortune and i mean a fortune servicing and repairing the car all at a peugeot main dealer. Looking over the car im starting to find the small things that are wrong... to be honest the when the garage have done the servicing they have done the bare minimum and charged through the earth!

on saturday i could smell petrol so i had a good look round all the fuel pipes with no sign of a leak. a couple of days went past with no smell of petrol until yesterday there was a particulaly stong smell petrol i parked the car to have have a look and from under tank petrol was runnitn out like a tap had been left switched on.
had to park making sure the filler side was higher than the rest of the car to stop the leak. turned out to be a small split in rubber bend that joins the filler neck to the tank.

after temp sealing it with tape and getting it home i had to wip the pipe off my old car and swap it with the one on my new car, oh yea had a full tank so technically needed to drain it first but being in a rush with daylight running out one off one on with the petrol gushing out in to a bowl did the trick loosing only a minimal ammount.

just one of them things i dont think this is very common but if you are servicing your car or can smell petrol but cant find a leak its worth checking if it looks perished or split at all its worth replacing as it will save a lot of pain not to mention nearly half a tank of petrol i left all over hampshires roads.

{Txt talk replaced with proper words. Would be grateful if you kept txt & msn language for those applications and not here}

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 12/08/2009 at 14:31