Does life get any better? - Blue {P}
Hi all,

Not much point to this post other than to say that despite all of the Gatsos, high fuel prices and petty law enforcement there are still occasional moments of greatness in this country, today I finally got to take my dad's Z4 for a short (third party insured only, hence careful) drive.

Wow.

Amazing.

The exhaust tone was music, the throttle response was quick, the steering and handling were sublime.

As per Jeremy on Top Gear when discussing the Aston Martin, it makes me sad that such moments of motoring greatness will shortly be consigned to the history books.

I want one, now. Too bad that for the foreseeable I will have to make do with polishing it lol.
Does life get any better? - Avant
If it's a six-cylinder Z4 I can see where Blue is coming from. A terrific noise.

It's made me resurrect my thread of last year (Fun car for £6k) which led me to getting a Z3 2.2 (it cost £8k but has held its value rather better than equity shares would have done).
Does life get any better? - DP
I've always loved that crisp, gravelly, metallic bark of the BMW straight six. One of the truly distinctive engine notes. I can hear a hard driven BMW streets away and immediately identify it as such. It's not just a straight six noise, but a BMW trademark version. I like it a lot.

Cheers
DP
Does life get any better? - legacylad
A friend of mine has just changed his Z4 for a TTRS soft top. It looks lovely in a metallic blue..on an 08 plate so may be an ex demo. Not as lovely as the original Elise though.
Does life get any better? - rtj70
But that won't be the new TT RS 5-cylinder will it? Was there a TTRS in the one based on the Golf chassis?

Apparently the new TT RS can have power tuned from the standard 335bhp to more like 360bph with relative ease. And with a bit more effort even 400bhp!

But I digress in a Z4 thread.
Does life get any better? - legacylad
I assume it must be the new one...I was not aware of an earlier model TT RS. By coincidence we were on holiday staying at the same hotel earlier this year, and he asked me (jokingly) if I wanted to buy his Z4 then. Apart from the fact I could not afford it, I have never liked its looks...I shall enquire as to why he changed.
Does life get any better? - glowplug
I think it's great that Blue got such a thrill from driving the car even if in a restrained manner.

I don't know about the music aspect of the exhaust note but it can be more entertaining to me than the radio - then again at times that's not hard.

Steve.