Stupidity - John Davis
There are many reasons why we choose to use our cars instead of travelling by train and the latest, infantile, moronic, and distressing behaviour by Midland Mainline,(Part of National Express Group) is another. They are now sending out facsimile "Parking Offence Notices", with the recipients name and address printed on, and, at first sight, they cause distress and indignation. The small print then tells you of the pitfalls of motoring and parking in London and they go on to tell of the "Hideous debacle that they call the M25", obviously omitting to tell you of the hideous debacle of even contemplating travel by train. The whole thing is a cheap and nasty exercise which will, quite rightly, make motorists think more deeply about the great expense, personal risk, and incovenience of travelling by train. The mailed package is done up in a clear plastic cover to look, at first glance, just like a parking fine notification and how their so called "Publicity Manager" was ever allowed to sanction such stupidity is beyond me. My letter of complaint has asked that he be sacked. Has anyone else received one of these ?
Stupidity - Ian (Cape Town)
Appalling behaviour.
I suspect m'learned friend pugugly could advise you re the harrasment laws...
If a chap with a heart condition got one of these ...
Stupidity - Paul Mykatz-Tinks
This got a bit of stick in the local press and I thought they abandoned the campaign as a result.

It's what you get when you use marketing consultants. They seem to be out of touch these days, as I mentioned yesterday about the Kia TV ads (why buy their cars when they're telling us to walk to school and bike to shop?).

Having said that, it's only a parking ticket. Why get wound up about that?

Now, had it been a speeding ticket, I would have crept next door, on your behalf, and deflated the tyres of the car in the drive..........it belongs to MM's MD!

Only kidding, he's a very nice guy, I'll have you know...............