1.3 Fiesta. - Toad, of Toad Hall.
A friend has had constant problem in the past with her Fiesta 'kangarooing' and failing to run properly or tick over when cold.

This was diagnosed by a garage as a vacuum pipe that had become disconected. There seems some truth in this 'cos the problem stopped the day they claim to have reconected it.

She now has the same symptoms back and want's me to connect the vacuum pipe.

The problem is I can't see anything untoward. I was expecting something akin to the pipe that used to adjust the timing at the distributor on my old w reg VW.

I can't see anything untoward around the pipes that go to the single point injector.

Anyone care to guess what I supposed to be looking for?

She is adamant that 'reconnecting the vacuum pipe' worked before.

--
These are my own opinions, and not necessarily those of all Toads.
1.3 Fiesta. - jc
There is a vacuum pipe from the CFI unit to the MAP sensor on the bulkhead(manifold air pressure) and this can get fuel in-sometimes so much that it affects the sensor itself-late CFI units had the connector in a different place to overcome concern-if it's not too bad,draining fuel out of the hose will fix it.Also some hoses went soft and that affects the signal.
1.3 Fiesta. - Toad, of Toad Hall.
Just getting this back to the top.

Any other ideas? Will be having a look at this quite soon.
--
These are my own opinions, and not necessarily those of all Toads.
1.3 Fiesta. - John S
Toad

As I recall there are several small vacuum pipes at the back of this engine. I doubt it's the main brake servo pipe as this gives a huge leak and they won't usually run with that disconnected, but I once saw a Fiesta where that had come off (my Dad's car), so it's worth a check.

All you can do is have a good scout round and check not only for pipe disconnection, but also condition - there could be damage which is allowing the pipe to fall off.

Regards

John S