Best way to sell a 2 year old BMW - Woody37
Times are lean and I am going to have to part with my BMW to replace it with a Kia C'eed.

It is an 07 320D SE, Auto, 24K, good nick bar a few stone-chips, recent new tyres and service.

I want to sell rather than do p/x and cash back so:

How/Where will I achieve the best price when selling within 2-3 weeks?

Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 01/07/2009 at 17:39

Best way to sell a 2 year old BMW - Pugugly
I sold mine direct to a dealership for cash - it was before the credit crunch took hold though. I got a jolly good price for it.
Best way to sell a 2 year old BMW - Roly93
I have sold a couple of newish prestige cars privately in the last few years, addmittedly before the current slump. However, I still wouldn't panic assuming the car is completely tidy and low mileage.

This diesel BMW shouldn't be too difficult to shift if priced correctly. So my advice would be as follows :-

1 Make sure there are no minor dings that give people a reason 'not to buy', ie a minor scuff which costs £70 to repair may knock 3x that off the selling price.

2 Use a selling method that allows the car to marketed to its full potential - ebay is the best place I think, as it allows you to write as much as you want with as many large pictures as you want, because after all given the potential value of this car, you would expect people to see what thety're getting.

3 Do your homework and price the car according to similar examples on Autotrader etc.

4 Watch out for scammers !

The car should sell fairly quickly provided you do the above.

Alternatively you could try webuyanycar.com, I did an experimental quote for my wifes car, and was surprised how much they were willing to offer, I would say it was better than what a dealer would pay.

Edited by Roly93 on 03/07/2009 at 15:19

Best way to sell a 2 year old BMW - jdc
I got rid of my C-max diesel very painlessly on Autotrader to a dealer.

I wanted a quick sale as it just before Christmas, the weather was dire and a company car had landed on my drive. I was happy to price it a good few hundred less any comparative vehicle and lo and behold, sold in a week for cash to a dealer in Birmingham who came to collect and pay in Manchester.

if you price it right, it will definitely sell quickly. But if you want to get top dollar you will have to wait.

Cheers
jdc
Best way to sell a 2 year old BMW - Niallster
Whilst not offering any real help could I ask that you report back how you sold it and what you got for it.

Your car must be one of the most desirable and saleable on the second hand market.

In normal times you would have had a line of buyers bidding each other up for this vehicle.

Could be a useful indicator of how far the market has fallen.