Registration Docs Query - redviper
Hi all, a quick question

I purchased my Vectra about 3 weeks ago, and I still haven?t had the registration documents through from the DVLA I sent off the yellow slip on the day I got the car.

Before ring them, does anyone know roughly how long it would take. I?m just worried that possibly I?m driving a car that technically in the DVLA?s eyes does not belong to me.

Many Thanks

Edited by Pugugly on 03/06/2009 at 22:56

Registration Docs Query - bell boy
what is a yellow slip?
i dont think dvla take banana skins even though they make a few
Registration Docs Query - shadyarea
Upto 6 weeks the last 2 iv had have taken about 4
Ah i see
Thanks shadyarea, i was just a little concerned as ive not heard anything, i just assumed they would be pretty quick at sending them out. considering its a important document
LOL

Sorry ive just relaised it was a yellow slip signing over the old car used in part ex to the dealer, the dealer would send of my details for the new car to the DVLA, so i suppose 1st port of call would be to there, to check if he has sent it or not

I just though things would be done a bit quicker

Ste
Registration Docs Query - Dwight Van Driver
Nothing received after a month start chasing them.

dvd
Registration Docs Query - jc2
Don't rely on a dealer;tell them yourself.Twice,I have been contacted by the DVLA asking if I had sold my car when I left it to the dealer to tell them!!.The DVLA contacted me because someone had applied to register the vehicle in their name and the DVLA had NO record of the sale.