Credit Crunch Victim? - BobbyG
tinyurl.com/p58hp8

Bugatti for sale. One year old. Less than 700 miles and just had its first annual service. Huge saving on new!

Anyone want to chip in for it???

Assuming this is a British car, do you think this has been someone who has suffered credit crunch? What would otherwise be logic of buying in 2008, doing very little mileage, paying for its annual service and then seeling at a discount?

Would it be easy to do more than 621 miles in one of these in Britain? Surely if you bought one of these you would have at least taken it on a right good run, say a London to Edinburgh and back?

Wonder if there are any owners who actually use it as their day to day transport?
Credit Crunch Victim? - Big Bad Dave
There are 15 Maybachs for sale on Autotrader whereas a few months ago there was never more than the odd one or two.
Credit Crunch Victim? - smokie
Probably a demonstrator, been used by the salesmen to drop the kids at school LOL
Credit Crunch Victim? - stunorthants26
I think you have answered your own question there really - how would you use such a car in the first place? Unlikely you would park it at supermarket or in town or even risk it in a work carpark, so really its a sunny day Sunday car, which would fully explain the 700 miles.
I have a customer with a Merc SLK which at 7 years old has just tipped 12k - they have other cars, so this one gets forgetten locked away in the garage and theres does even go out in the rain sometimes, but its not unknown for it to sit for two months at a time, esp in winter.

It must also be noted that people with money can often have a short attention span when it comes to cars and change them like we mortals change our socks.
Credit Crunch Victim? - Bill Payer
The Merc C180 for £12K they've got on that page looks a bit out of place! Not bad for the price of a new Jazz though. Hmmm......
Credit Crunch Victim? - smokie
Just remembered I saw a Veryon cruising round country roads in le Mans (during the 24h race week) two years ago. if you want to see some exotica, there's always a lot on display there. Mind you, the return trip would be more than 700 miles.

Also some years ago I was at Bike Week in Daytona. There are some really cool bikes there, if you like choppers etc, and many of the "old skool" Harley riders who have "show" bikes bring them in on a (sometimes covered) trailer then just chug up and down the main street, and park them outside the biker bars for people like me to gawp at. They'd be low mileage I suppose...
Credit Crunch Victim? - Altea Ego
A Second Hand Veyron?

Oh how common.

Credit Crunch Victim? - Stuartli
>>Wonder if there are any owners who actually use it as their day to day transport? >>

There's one owned about seven miles from where I live which is out and about on a daily basis - the younger offspring and I have assumed, at the very least, it is used for going to and from the owner's place of work.