Perfumed tyres - now I've seen it all - Bagpuss
I finally got round to getting the summer tyres put on my old Merc. At the local tyre dealer they had the latest Kumho tyres on display. Believe it or not, they are perfumed.

So which scents did Kumho think would be appropriate for a tyre? Well, the display item claimed to be lavender but actually smelled more like pine scented bog cleaner.

I asked the guy there if it was a late April fool joke and he said no, you can buy them. At home, surfed the net, sure enough they are not only available, but available in 4 different scents, lavender, orange blossom, rosmary and jasmin. The only english language Kumho site I found is in Australia, so here's the link:

www.aromatyres.com.au/

Warning - the above site contains excessive marketing bs.

Perfumed tyres - now I've seen it all - mike hannon
Well, I thought I had seen it all until yesterday, when I went to an open day at a garden machinery firm.
I was given a demonstration of a Countax 4wd lawn tractor in full Williams F1 livery, complete with leather steering wheel, Williams F1 livery dust cover and a matching wallet for the handbook.
You couldn't make it up.
BTW, it sounded loud and unpleasant enough to compete in any F1 race - but the roadholding in the wet was excellent!
Perfumed tyres - now I've seen it all - Hamsafar
"The tyres are not well known to smell is one thing that is not only with a car and thicknesses much hp under the hood can specify, is the other thing. How about times with the opposite sex instead of roses, with beguiling smells of jasmine or orange on points. Let simply Kumho KH 31 and assemble a balance of fresh scent."
Image: tinyurl.com/cp38fu
Perfumed tyres - now I've seen it all - Dynamic Dave
In my younger days my tyres mainly smelt of burnt rubber.
Perfumed tyres - now I've seen it all - Alby Back
At one time I lived in a place where I had to drive along the access road to a racing stables to get to the main road. My tyres therefore often smelled of ........um.......horses......

;-)
Ah, of course, that's the sort of brain you need to appreciate this sort of thing.
The above comment is of course, meant as a reply to Hamsafar's contribution but it got pushed down the pecking order.
Perfumed tyres - now I've seen it all - Cliff Pope
You would have to keep the windows open to get the benefit - or is it intended to impress passers by? I think I'd rather have the manure-scented tyres please, or perhaps something smelling like that fume-belching truck in "Duel".
Perfumed tyres - now I've seen it all - teabelly
I can see endless opportunities for associated marketing! Baker's vans that smell of freshly baked bread as they waft past, nestle lorries that smell of fresh coffee. Not sure what MP's cars should smell of.... hypocrisy and bull excrement perhaps?
Perfumed tyres - now I've seen it all - Rover P6B
>>Not sure what
MP's cars should smell of.... hypocrisy and bull excrement perhaps?

That's a bit unfair, teabelly, some MPs (mine included) are absolutely upstanding honourable people who work hard for their constituents...
Perfumed tyres - now I've seen it all - zookeeper
sorry rover p6b it still smells of BS
Perfumed tyres - now I've seen it all - 1400ted
Never been a tyre sniffer ......but worked in a city centre police station about 1966. There was a repair garage almost next door and they had a display of coloured tyres. I seem to recall white, red and orange,....not sidewalls but full tyres. Can't ever recall a seeing a car with 'em on tho'

Ted