Trip computer odd behaviour - bathtub tom
I came back from a recent trip and left the car on the drive while I unloaded it and opened the garage. The trip computer was on 'miles remaining' and showed 310. When I switched on again, it showed 359. I don't think anyone surreptitously added a few litres to the tank, but can anyone explain how it could happen?

The car had been filled, the trip computer given a full reset and done about 40 miles with SWMBO driving (average 25 MPG, bless her. I don't know how she manages it).

I'd done a 100 mile round trip with the computer left displaying 'miles remaining'. The reading started at 306 and slowly crept up to the said 310 at the end of the journey (average now 37 MPG).
Trip computer odd behaviour - pmh2
It will all depend on the algorithm that they use for determining the consumption.

Eg how heavily weighted on the the most recent activity.

p
Trip computer odd behaviour - commerdriver
I always assumed that the miles remaining amount was based on the volume of fuel multiplied by the average consumption over the last (say) 10 minutes so it will vary like that.
Trip computer odd behaviour - SpamCan61 {P}
Sometime ago I found details of the workings of the Vauxhall trip computer somewhere on the interweb, from memory it averages the fuel consumption over the last 30 miles or thereabouts when calculating the range; I too often have a situation where the remaining range at the end of a journey is greater than at the start.
Trip computer odd behaviour - NowWheels
There is also a question about how flat the driveway is. My road is a steepish hill, and driveway has a noticeable slope, so the fuel tank contents read differently than on the flat.
Trip computer odd behaviour - bathtub tom
I can understand the 'remaining miles' creeping up on a journey that's more economical than the previous usage, that makes sense.

What I can't understand is why the 'remainig miles' should jump by nearly fifty when it's switched off and parked.