Children without seatbelts - Ben79
I know the law says that children under 14 are the responsibility of the driver, but, how many kids do you see unrestrained in the back or front of the car? And when you see unrestrained kids, isn't the parent normally wearing a seat belt in the drivers seat?

I counted about 5 or 6 in a nine mile journey home from work today.

Surely the law should be doing something to stop this dangerous action which will cause loss of life in the event of an accident.

But they can't do it with a camera while sat on their back sides, or is that being cynical?

Ben
Children without seatbelts - smokie
I was privileged one night to go out on patrol with a traffpol. Shift was 4 pm - midnight.

He got a call from the boss about 10 - do you want a couple of hours overtime tonight? We have some spare money in the "checking seatbelts" budget.

At midnight???
Children without seatbelts - Dwight Van Driver
Smokie.

I think they called this creative accounting learnt from business.

Each activity is budgeted so when the pot (speeding) runs dry to top it up they use another pot with spare revenue (seat belts) which doesn't mean that attention to seat belts if you get the drift.

On the overall annual budget if they come in under then for the next year they will be expected to tender this fiqure and pay back so not wise to come in under budget unless your a profit maker.

Hence the Fireman's claim for 40% and then no doubt settle 10 to 15.

No doubt a motoring accountant will put us both wise.

DVD.
Children without seatbelts - Dorian
Its funny how you need a licence to drive, a credit rating to get finance, but you don't need to prove anything to have kids.

I've seen plenty of kids not strapped in to the car, and even babies held on the parent's lap in the front seat.

Why can't these people consider the safety of their family? Or do they think that if they lose one, they can just have another?

Children without seatbelts - THe Growler
How about the driver holding the kid in his lap while the kid steers the car? Get lots of that on Sundays over 'ere. I had to laugh when I saw two Corollas, both practising thus in the mall car park, collide noisily with each other only the other day.

Once in Bahrain I had just taken delivery of a new Nissan Altima not 4 hours before when a Kuwaiti woman bored out past a Stop sign and t-boned me, ruining not only my new car, but also my garam masala lunch take-out which I was looking forward to. Sure enough she was in the driver's seat, while little Ahmed, aged about 5, was at the wheel.

Amid the usual hysterics common in these circumstances in that part of the world, madam wailed that the mistake must have been my fault since I was the foreigner and I had not come to this country the accident would not have happened. This defence is par for the course in that part of the world and does usually make sure the foreigner gets the blame in Saudi, but Bahrain's traffic police are slightly more enlightened.

When I pointed out to the attending police officer that both I and my wife had seen the kid at the wheel, he proceeded to ticket her against her protestations that how could her son be at fault? He was only a kid!

Children without seatbelts - Ian (Cape Town)
A few years back, I was rear-ended by a Golf, containing mother and son, while waiting to turn left at a stop sign.
Major damage to front of Golf, minor scratches to company pickup I was driving (It was pretty battered already!).
Went to report it to plod on the way home, got home, and had a phone call:
"Would you mind telling the police that my wife was driving, and not my son, as my son is only 17 and doesn't have a license?"
The guy got quite nasty when I told him I wouldn't...
Got the pickup nicely fixed as well!
Children without seatbelts - borasport20
does a nissan serena people carrier have seat belts in the back ?
only ask because i've seen one quite often recently with three or four free-range kids bouncing around in it

ps - is a nissan serena diesel still the slowest accelerating vehicle being sold, as TG magazine once claimed

pps - the one I see is usually driven slowly - where there are 2 lanes, guess which one it is usually in ?

when you've got tired of driving ...
www.mikes-walks.co.uk