00 1.6 Can anyone identify what this is??! - horsepills
Hoping someone can help - I'm terrible with cars :(

I've recently bought a Focus (2000) and I found this odd looking bit rattling around inside the ashtray. Anyone know what it is, and if I need it??! (apologies for the blurry image):

i42.tinypic.com/edpuv.jpg

i44.tinypic.com/10oqykj.jpg

Edited by horsepills on 05/04/2009 at 14:15

00 1.6 Can anyone identify what this is??! - adverse camber
lock for the wheel nuts?
no, it's definitely not one of those - I have the wheel nut lock. thanks anyway
00 1.6 Can anyone identify what this is??! - jc2
Ask the previous owner-he may be looking for it!
00 1.6 Can anyone identify what this is??! - TimOrridge
Ask the previous owner-he may be looking for it!

>>

What the pound coin!
I knew I'd get comments about the pound coin!! Wouldn't surprise me if the previous owner tried to get that out of me!!

The part I'm on about seems to screw into something. It has a flat head screwdriver groove at the top,...the bit that screws in has what looks like a spark plug type element to it

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/04/2009 at 19:25

00 1.6 Can anyone identify what this is??! - TimOrridge
There may be a chance that it might not even be for the car, just been thrown in the ash tray out of a pocket. If you are worried take it to a Ford dealer or a Ford trained mechanic, they will most likely know at forst glance.
00 1.6 Can anyone identify what this is??! - Peter D
It's not a door catch from the B pillar is it. Regards Peter
00 1.6 Can anyone identify what this is??! - 547HEW
If the threaded end has an internal thread, I suspect it is a Schraeder tyre valve body intended for a motorsport application.
00 1.6 Can anyone identify what this is??! - Altea Ego
If it has a flat head screwdriver slot in the top its highly unlikely to be from your car. This type of screwhead is generaly not used in mass car manufacture.
00 1.6 Can anyone identify what this is??! - kithmo
Could be some part of the wiper motor links.
00 1.6 Can anyone identify what this is??! - Dave_TD
Unlikely that it's anything to do with the Focus. I can't offhand think of any fixing with a shiny chromed head that might be used anywhere on the car.

I go with the "something left in the ashtray for safe keeping" idea. That's where I kept her engagement ring for months after she threw it at me. :-/

Dave TD.
00 1.6 Can anyone identify what this is??! - Ben 10
Saw something similar on a minibus the other day. The ends of the wheel nuts had a chrome dome. Maybe its that.