New Model Mondeo Engines - scouseford
As the owner of a Mk 3 Mondeo I have taken a close interest in the new Mk 4 and I can't recall having seen on the road any models other than diesel powered ones (on the basis that the 'TDCi' badge indicates a diesel engine).

Does anybody know if Ford have only released diesel engined versions so far?
New Model Mondeo Engines - rtj70
No there are petrols too but maybe they sold mostly TDCi models? There is for example the 2.5 Turbo petrol. A nice engine in a good chassis. I am sure Smokie will comment on how he's finding it soon.

They also do a 1.6 and 2.0 petrol. But the 1.6 must be under powered for such a big car.

Edited by rtj70 on 25/03/2009 at 21:04

New Model Mondeo Engines - craig-pd130

As above, there's a range of petrol engines but I'd guess a lot of Mondies (mine included) are company cars.

Under the current tax regime, diesels are still the most cost-effective, even with the 3% diesel surcharge.
New Model Mondeo Engines - DP
Company cars, and the fact that the weight of cars in this class now render the smaller petrol engines completely useless. The bigger engined ones are great, but expensive to run.
Diesel is the only way to get decent performance and reasonable running costs in a car of this size.