Delaminating windscreen in metro - Andrew Hamilton
My mothers 1983 metro windscreen has now started to delaminate around the edges. At the moment it has separated in about 1 inch in places. First signs was a misting at the edges but now in places the plastic layer is evident. Car mostly resides in the garage. Windscreen is original and never removed.
Never seen this before. Is it common in cars of this age? Is the windscreen liable to selfdestruct on the motorway?
Delaminating windscreen in metro - Dynamic Dave
Is the windscreen liable to selfdestruct on the motorway?

Before it gets to that stage, why not just put a hammer to it and claim a new one on the insurance?
Delaminating windscreen in metro - Dwight Van Driver
D [bang] Dave.

So it is you who is responsible for putting my Insurance premium up each year.
Stop forthwith.

DVD
Delaminating windscreen in metro - Blue {P}
He probably couldn't do that because a 1983 Metro will probably be insured third party, what would be the point in paying for Fully comp cover on a Metro that's almost as old as I am!?
Delaminating windscreen in metro - Dynamic Dave
DVD,

No, it is the scroats driving around with no insurance that are responsible for putting up your premium each year.
Delaminating windscreen in metro - Phil I
Lots of these in the scrappies. Invest in new bead and should outlast the car. Keep your mum happy.

Phil I .
Delaminating windscreen in metro - Andrew Hamilton
Thanks for all suggestions. Will investigate local scrap yard. If EU gets its way this source of spares will disappear due to over the top regulations.