97 1.9 Indicator stays on after batt disconnected - AmyW
R Reg ZX.

My battery was disconnected, then had trouble with the alarm. Have managed to stop that but the drivers side indicator is stuck on (not flashing) I am having to disconnect the battery to save it from flattening, then the alarm goes off again, and light stays on.... Any tricks to sort this out?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 11/03/2009 at 12:56

R 1.9 Indicator staying on after battery disconnec - mike hannon
Oddly enough, I had exactly the same problem back along with my old Honda Accord coupe - about the same era as the ZX and with a 'Fox' alarm/immobiliser system. It is now in the French equivalent of 'long-term storage', ie parked in the log shed, which is why the battery was disconnected.
After trying everything I could think of, I reconnected the battery, got the alarm off using the remote fob, then - in desperation - tried switching the hazard lights on for a few flashes. I switched them off again - and the stuck light went out. The indicators now work perfectly normally again.
PS: if anyone wants a 1992 RHD Accord coupe for spares or repair, in running order with a smart body and interior, I'll drive it to the UK for you...
R 1.9 Indicator staying on after battery disconnec - AmyW
Just tried, but no luck. This has happenened before and I remember someone saying I need to disconnect for sometime before retrying. So I will try again next time I reconnect it. Thanks.
R 1.9 Indicator staying on after battery disconnec - skreech
I would try having a look at the relay switch for the indicators. It may be that it is stuck on. Normally they are situated beside the fuses. if you are not sure what relay it is then i'd expect any decent garage would be able to check this for you fairly easily.