1997 1.9 td randomly won't start - swerve1987
hi
i have a 306 1.9td and about once every 5 days to a week it wont start. it will turn over for abit and then start to drain the battery. when it does this i jump start it off a mates car and it fires up fine and will be ok for another week starting ok. its happend i the mornings, evenings in the day etc. today it happened in the petrol station. i need to sort it out as its very annoying. someone said it could be the battery on its way out? any ideas? cheers martin

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 26/02/2009 at 19:07

had to get a jump start off someone in a car park today. anyone have any ideas as to whats causing this?
1997 1.9 td randomly won't start - Fullchat
Well if it starts with a jump start I would think your battery is on its last legs. Diesels need a good battery to spin the motor sufficiently for everything to fire up.
Faulty glowplugs are your next port of call which make the starting process slower which will also drain your battery.

Edited by Fullchat on 28/02/2009 at 15:57

i stupidly haddnt checked the battery water, checked it 2day after nearly buying a new battery. topped it up now turns over alot quicker and starts better so hopefully that will solve the problem