kids on motorbikes - madmick
while driving today a boy of about 15 ish decides to overtake me as i was about to turn right luckily i looked in my door mirror and saw him and stopped in time he wasnt wearing a helmet no tax or mot and no insurance i told him what i thought of him he was lucky he wasnt hurt all this happened about half a mile from a police station on a main road
kids on motorbikes - Fullchat
Feral youth!

or a squashed youth
Glad you resisted the temptation. But I bet the thought went through your mind.
kids on motorbikes - Pugugly
A certain very well respected BRer has confessed to worse. Not feral youth or Darwinsm in action (as no doubt someone will come up with in a few posts) but someone who takes a chance. Not condoning the illegality of it, but the Country needs more rebels.
kids on motorbikes - b308
"Darwinsm in action"

Couldn't resist...... ;)
kids on motorbikes - bikemade3
Yep not to sure about not wearing helmets...that's up to them, howvever overtaking prior to or at junctions is a major no no.
kids on motorbikes - jc2
I've seen it reported that the police will not attempt to stop m/cyclists not wearing helmets because they might fall off and hurt their heads.
kids on motorbikes - gmac
I'm not sure what the OP is getting at here.

"a boy of about 15 ish". A boy of 13 who looked about 8 fathered a child this week, that 15ish could have been 20 for all we know.
If you had hit "the boy", your insurance company would prefer a total loss rather than someone disabled in some way for the next twenty plus years. Harsh but true.

No good blaming the Police. Where are the parents ? If your eighteen year old asks for the keys to your car do you toss them the keys knowing they don't have a full licence then berate them later for not wearing a seat belt ?

Edited by gmac on 21/02/2009 at 20:20

kids on motorbikes - Spospe
madmick

How do you know that he had no insurance or MOT?
kids on motorbikes - Pugugly
ANPR of course :-q
i know he didnt have a mot because the motorbike didnt have any lights or a number plate
Could still have a valid MOT having been stripped down after MOT issued. Probably nicked but loads of Con and Use etc. offences.
still not road legal
kids on motorbikes - martint123
Read about "daytime MOTs" Lights are not compulsory (but if fitted have to work).
Registration plates are not required for an MOT either (but are for road use).
kids on motorbikes - Halmer
I read somewhere that the 13yr old lad who has fathered a child has already joined 'Fathers for Justice' as he has already got a Spiderman outfit.
kids on motorbikes - Nsar
Excellent Halmer, I will now work on how I can bring that into my conversations tomorrow!

kids on motorbikes - Altea Ego
DO tell us how you manage that Nsar - that will be a tale in itself.
kids on motorbikes - Lud
Nsar: You know that 13-year-old kid who looks 8 and is supposed to be fathering a child?

Straight man in pub: I have read newspaper reports on the allegedly randy nipper, yes. What of it?

Nsar: That's your dad, that is.