03 2.0 turbo solenoid valve - rach01
i have recently taken my peugeot 307 to a mates garage as the antipollution fault light came up, and the engine has lost all power.he narrowed the problem down to the turbo solenoid valve. i have recently had the diesel particulate filter replaced and also had more additive put in so i no it cant be that.my dads a mechanic so im going to get him to try and sort it.could you tell me where a can find the solenoid valve on the engine and whats the best thing to do first before buying a replacement? we had a quick look last night as i had a rough idea where it was, which was on the metal plate on the front of the engine is that correct and if so there appears to be two valves?please help
03 2.0 turbo solenoid valve - smartalex
Hi,
I have had fun and games with this valve myself. For the AP fault to flag the valve or harness must be open circuit, or disconnected, so you can test the harness and valve before buying a replacement. I have included some notes and a description from my experience that may help.

My car lost power and boost pressure. The solenoid valve controls vacuum from the vacuum pump to the vacuum activated servo on the Variable Nozzle Turbo.

The vacuum circuit is quite simple. The pump is on the RHS of the rocker box. A single vacuum pipe connects to a vacuum ?reservoir? (small soap dish sized plastic mounted on the bell housing) and then onto three separate solenoid valves via T pieces and small bore pipe.

Each of the valve outlets connects to a vacuum servo (similar to an old stile vacuum advance system) One solenoid valve controls the VNT , the other two both control EGR valves. (on earlier HDI engines without VNT there were two solenoids, one controlling the EGR valve and the other a waste gate valve) The solenoid valves are operated electrically with a Pulse Width Modulated signal from the engine management.

The VNT solenoid on my car is mounted on the front of the engine in the air flow just behind the radiator, which is a bad idea. You can identify the valve by following the pipe to the turbo. To cut a long story short this valve became jammed with dust and seized, resulting in no vacuum signal reaching the VNT servo. The management system did not detect a fault! When I disconnected the electrical connector I got an ?Anti pollution fault? and limp home rev limiter. The fault disappeared as soon as I re connected. However the fault came back the next day! Close inspection showed that the connector was pushed off the solenoid by the compressed gland and weak lock, so double check this.

To cure the fault I removed the solenoid from the car, opened it up and cleaned it with WD40. Reassembled it and BINGO full power and full boost again:-)

The solenoid valve is not designed to be serviced and is closed with a swaged metal collar. I found it quite easy to pry the collar back and open the valve. Be very careful to catch everything that comes out and draw the order and orientation of components. Reassembly is easy and the collar can be closed again with pliers.

I found the valve to be full of very fine silt and dust even though there was a sponge air filter fitted to it. It seems that every time the valve is cycled air and dust are drawn into the valve. Considering the amount of dust I believe there must have been some intermittent operation before it jammed completely. I would recommend that this valve is cleaned by anyone who suspects any level of degraded performance, as its hard to imagine this fault not occurring!
My other car is a C5 with the same engine. This car has the equivalent valve tucked up under the windscreen behind a cover, much better idea.
03 2.0 turbo solenoid valve - cherrycoke

i am reviving this as my 307sw 2.0HDI are acting strange. i too had this antipollution s*** going on and was trying a lot of different fixes and told a lot of wrong facts from the peugeot dealer in my town. what i also have done is replacing one of the solenoids on the battery side of the engine with one from a 407(looked very different) which i now suspect is to the EGR but there was no change. after a lot of trouble what i found out is that the wire to the correct solenoid had corroded inside the rubber so i cut off the bad part of the wire and connected it and the antipollution problem were gone and my turbo was back. what we also found out and fixed was the tube to the egr was squeezed flat with no flow trough it, so we also fixed that. then i was so happy that i decided to replace dieselfilter, airfilter, oil, oilfilter etc. but the rubber ring in the dieselfilter house was not tight so it had gulped out a lot of diesel on the way home before we found out. this was after that fixed so it is now tight. but after this it feels like i have to pump the throttle a few times to get turbo pressure and the engine occasionally get very hot. it have displayed "unblock diesel filter" a few times after we replaced it which is strange because it only did that afterwords, and not with the old pretty clogged up filter... do you have any toughts about this, its getting very annoying after using a lot of money and time on it. tnx in advance!

03 2.0 turbo solenoid valve - madf

Did you bleed teh air from the fuel filter?

I do not think so, how should it been done? And what of the problems would it be related to? I have been driving it something like 700km since the filter replacement now btw. Tnx for helping me :)
03 2.0 turbo solenoid valve - Gibbo_Wirral

"unblock diesel filter" may relate to the DPF, if yours is a 110BHP 2L.

And if you don't have a priming bulb, you have to bleed the system by turning the ignition on and off, letting the fuel pump do the job.

Edited by Gibbo_Wirral on 20/06/2016 at 14:43

I have the 107hp, is it the same? And i did do that 3-4 times and also now have passed 1000km since the change and have not got the unblock message In a while. The thing is if its ok to change One of the solenoids to the egr with a solenoid from a slightly differensiert Peugeot?:)

Edited by cherrycoke on 21/06/2016 at 08:43