Stone chip covers - Richard_H
Does anybody know of any UK companies that do those front car covers that protect from stone chips ?

I have seen them on American cars but can find no one to supply them for UK cars.

Thanks
Stone chip covers - THe Growler
Richard, they are known rather quaintly as "front end bra's".
Victoria's Secret doesn't carry them I'm afraid. They look horrible but they keep my Mustangs' protuberances pristine.
Stone chip covers - Big Vern
Do they not rub and damage the paintwork at the edges and at fixing points? (This is an honest question as I have never seen one of these up close) I can't really see the point in these, as yes the paintwork may be great, but nobody can see it!! Does the exposed paint work not fade due to sunlight and therefor give a line across the bonnet??? hummmm..... can help but think they are odd... awaiting with an open mind to be convinced otherwise....
Stone chip covers - THe Growler
Hi Vern: my bra's (yes alright I know) have a fleecy backing which is very soft. I use them on two classic Mustangs with serious paint jobs to take them to runs, meets etc. They don't spend much time other than that on the cars so no paint issue here. If we think about bad roads with stones, grit and stuff flying up from other vehicles, pedestrians and vendors pushing things through traffic jams, they make sense.
Stone chip covers - jeds
Did you also know that they are used in America to avoid being zapped by lasers.
Stone chip covers - Ian (Cape Town)
What car, Richard?
Do you want the 'car bra' type or the clear perspex one which clips onto the leading edge of the bonnet?
I'll make enquiries on this side.
Stone chip covers - Ian (Cape Town)
Sorry - we don't get the punto here. :(
Stone chip covers - Arfur
I've seen a lot of the in the states and a few over here. My general feeling is that I'd rather have stone chips.
Stone chip covers - Stargazer {P}
Richard,

Try

http:\\www.carbra.com.au

many UK/euro cars are sold in Oz and either a car bra or polycarbonate bonnet edge protector may be available for some UK models.

Also check the backroom archive (search on 'carbra').

Useful tip......the Holden spares list is available on the Vx computer, some friends imported a Holden Barina (aka Vx Corsa)
and lost a wheel trim, the Vauxhall dealer simply ordered one after being persuaded to try looking on the computer.

cheers

Ian

Stone chip covers - Richard_H
Thanks for the Info

My dad is looking for one for his new Fiat Punto.

Its the last new car he intends to buy and wants to look after it !!!!

Best Regards

Richard
Stone chip covers - MarkyMarkD
Cor these things really do look awful. I can't imagine anyone in the UK wanting to drive round with one of these on the front of their car.

Like someone else said, I'd rather bear the paint chips.
Stone chip covers - Baskerville
I think the reason for their popularity in the US is that in many areas the roads are not salted in cold and snowy weather. Instead they scatter grit and gravel on top of the snow to improve grip. This gravel flicks up and does quite a lot of damage to bodywork and windscreens; it's a bit like driving through loose chippings on all roads for five months of the year. We don't really have that problem, and it's true, car bras look absolutely terrible.

Chris
Stone chip covers - Simon Templar

Richard,
An alternative to a car bra is a plastic protection film manufacture by 3M (0800-316-6550).
Kits are manufactured in this country by Armourfend (www.cegroup.co.uk) based in Suffolk 01787-882372.It is transparent & durable & if correctly applied virtually invisible.
It is used by Porshe GB,Lamborghini,Aston Martin etc.
If you are a competant DIY it can be successfully applied at a fraction of the cost of the professional items.Excellent DIY advice is available on www.xpel.com/faq.html

Simon T.
Stone chip covers - Simon Templar

Richard,
An alternative to a car bra is a plastic protection film manufactured by 3M(0800-316-6550)
Kits are manufactured by Armourfend(www.cegroup.co.uk)based in Suffolk 01787-882372.
It is transparent & durable & if applied correctly virtually invisible.It is used by Porsche GB,Lamborghini,Aston Martin etc.
If you are competant DIY it can be successfully applied at a fraction of the cost of professional items(Purchase tape direct from 3M).
Excellent DIY advice is available on ww.xpel.com/faq.html.
Simon T.
Stone chip covers - BrianW
I seem to recall that these were quite popular on VW Beetles at one time, for some reason.