New Mondeo Front Fogs and other bits - Wales Forester
Got a new shape Mondeo 1.8LX a few weeks back on a Y plate. I approached Ford about buying front fogs and was told there is no kit for 2000> models but there is one available for 1996-2000 models.
I then asked the question which parts do i need to make up my own kit and after a lot of chasing around the supplying dealer gave me a list of part numbers.
Have any other readers fitted front fogs to a new shape mondeo? I am aware it's simple job really as the wiring is already there, but the separate parts add up to £135 plus the VAT and bulbs.
Any ideas on how to do it cheaper?
Ford customer relationship centre tell me there are no plans for a kit for the forseeable future.

On another note, i was pleasantly surprised to find that the wiring and bulb holders are already in place for the front footwell lights which just needed a 5W wedge bulb each - sorted!

Finally anyone else got a new shape with a distorted high level brake light surround? I am told it is standard for the plastic to warp out of shape and it's not covered on Ford Direct warranty. It causes the high level to light up the whole rear window and parcel shelf at night and is a nuisance on unlit roads especially. Any quick fixes? I thought of buying a new cover but this would be the same after a few days parked in sunlight.

Any constructive comments welcomed.
New Mondeo Front Fogs and other bits - Marc
Got the same car myself - very pleased with it. Cannot say I've noticed the rear brake light housing distorting myself.

Where are the footwell bulb holders located? I'll check mine for same. Is this an option on models such as Zetec and Ghia?

A couple of weeks ago mine had a tendency for the rear wheels to alternately get very hot resulting in one of the plastic rear hub caps distorting in the central disc.
The footwell bulb holders are easily found if you kneel outside the car and position yourself in each front footwell looking upwards into the dash, you'll see the small bulb holders, they're quite obvious, there are no lenses etc., just the holder to push the 5W wedge bulb into. They are standard on the Zetec upwards as far as I know.

Only had mine a few weeks, not noticed the rear wheels prob, maybe because it had alloys fitted by the Ford dealer as part of a promotion, and there is a lot more air able to circulate around the discs/hubs.

New Mondeo Front Fogs and other bits - Mondeo Man
Did you manage to fit the front fogs? I've got a '51 LX and I want to fit front fogs too. I was hoping it was going to be a matter of just removing the 'vent' from the bumper and plugging the lights in, plus changing the switch in the dash and maybe the fuse? But it sounds a bit more complex than that. Any chance of the list of part numbers you were given? I'd be greatful for any further info you can give on this. Also, I want to get 16 inch alloys (Mondeo standard, nothing fancy) and fit those - you mention that yours had alloys as a dealer offer. Do you know if anything had to be done to the suspension to accept the alloys, or can I just fit them straight away?
Hi Mondeo Man,
I didn't get around to it as cash has been a bit tight to be honest, it was suggested that I just buy the lamps themselves as I only really want them for cosmetic purposes, but they'd have to be removed for it's first MOT test if they weren't wired in and working, so I've just abandoned the idea until I can afford it.
I was told by the electrician at Quicks in Manchester that it is an easy task once u have the right bits and pieces.
The parts required and numbers are;

Lamp units 1126654 x 1 @ £23.70 + 1126982 x 1 @ £23.70

Bulb Holders 4113066 x 2 @ £17.33 each

Loom (to connect n/s lamp to o/s lamp) 1122296 x 1 @ £13.90

Cabin Switch 1117868(w/o dimmer) or 1117867(with dimmer) x 1 @ £37.18

You may need spring clips, their number is 1117710 unsure of price.
Total cost £133.14 + VAT = £156.44

When you remove the vent blanks on the bumper you'll find that there is only one wiring connector which is the nearside (there may be a connector on the offside but this is for the optional headlamp washer motor). The Loom will plug into this nearside connector and provide a short wire to run to the nearside lamp and a longer wire that you'll need to run along the back of the front valance under the removable cover, to power the offside lamp.
The cabin switch is very easy to remove, pull down the oddments tray beneath it and gently twist the tray to remove it. You can then get your hand up behind the cabin switch, you'll be able to feel two flat bars one on top of the other, squeeze these together and the whole unit slides out into the cabin allowing for easy disconnection. Refit in reverse. I was told that there should be no need for any fuse alterations or additions.

As for the wheels, the ones they fitted to mine are in the Ford Alloy Wheels brochure described as 7 spoke design, they're 6.5J x 16/52.5, the same as the steel rims, and it was just a question of them swopping the tyres over, nothing else to worry about. They look a damn sight better than the nasty LX trims! They're £125 each currently on the Ford accessories website.

Did you read my bit about the front footwell lights? You'll probably have the bulb holders already there as mine were, just need 2 x 5W wedge bulbs and you'll have them working with the courtesy light.

Hope thats all of some help to you, let me know how u get on.
Pete.
New Mondeo Front Fogs and other bits - Mondeo Man
Cheers for the details about the front fogs Pete, and confirmation about the alloys. I'll have a go at the fogs when I get the parts together and let you know how I get on. May take a few months though! I have noticed that the alloys are about £25 cheaper in Ireland, so I may leave off buying them until I have a reason to go over (some friends are moving over there in the spring). Also, it's possible that they will be cheaper in France (part numbers are the same, so no reason why I shouldn't combine a booze cruise with a visit to a dealer in Calais, though lugging the steel wheels home will take up some valuable boot space!).

I had a look for the footwell light socket, but can't see it. There is a connector that looks likely, but I think the socket isn't attached to it. I used the glovebox bulb to check, but it doesn't fit the connector. I couldn't see anything likely at all in the passenger side.

Thanks for your help.
Mondeoman - Mondeo foglights - Tony44
Did you get around to fitting foglights to your Mk 3?

Tony
New Mondeo Front Fogs and other bits - rob o
I've got a New model X-Reg Zetec, I can't find any sign of bulb-holders at all. what do they look like?

Regards.
Are you talking about fog lights or footwell?

New Mondeo Front Fogs and other bits - rob o
footwell
New Mondeo Front Fogs and other bits - kithmo
Go to a vehicle dismantlers and buy a broken front bumper off the model with 'em fitted.
New Mondeo Front Fogs and other bits - Dave_TD
And how many new shape Mondeo drivers (esp. ones who had front fog lights!) will have mangled their cars so badly they could only be scrapped, whilst leaving the front bumper and foglights intact? :-)

Call me a cynic...
New Mondeo Front Fogs and other bits - kithmo
And how many new shape Mondeo drivers (esp. ones who had
front fog lights!) will have mangled their cars so badly they
could only be scrapped, whilst leaving the front bumper and foglights
intact? :-)
Call me a cynic...

>>
Are you telling me nobody's crashed and written of a New shape Mondeo yet, there are thousands of them about, I'm sure somebody must have. Anyway if he's only after the foglights, the front bumper doesn't have to be intact.:o(
New Mondeo Front Fogs and other bits - Bilgewater
I just read your tip on the footwell lights. Went out to the car and stuck two bulbs in. Brilliant.
My high level brake light surround had the same problem. I placed it in hot water and re-shaped it. Its much better now, but I don\'t know if it will stay like that in the hot weather.