omega 2.5 v6 auto oil? - crapcar
can anyone please tell me how i might undo the filler plug on
auto box it seems to be very tight and i am afraid it will round off or sheer off
omega 2.5 v6 auto oil? - svpworld
Make sure the engine is hot and immediately after driving for a few miles, then have a go at undoing it. It should come off easily.

S.

Some of these sump, diff and other drain plugs do seem to get locked quite solid. Perhaps it's a bit of corrosion added to a bit of overtightening when fitted. It is helpful to try to find a hexagon socket instead of the multipoint type socket when undoing these plugs. There is leass chance of the plug corners then being rounded off. Some Plus Gas or other release agent is helpful too.
omega 2.5 v6 auto oil? - Cyd
Use a long handled ratchet drive (or torque wrench) too. This will make it much easier. Alternatively, put a tube over the one you've got to extend it. Also, don't "yank" on it - apply steady traction, pulling harder gradually. You're less likely to end up with b***** knuckles that way.
omega 2.5 v6 auto oil? - jc
You should never apply high torque thro' a ratchet-use a swivel bar(now seems to be known as a breaker bar).
omega 2.5 v6 auto oil? - keithb
>>It is helpful to try to find a hexagon socket instead of
the multipoint type socket when undoing these plugs.

Are hexagon sockets the same as 'impact sockets'? If so, Halfords sell them individually and probably also in sets. They have a black finish. I recently bought a 1/2" drive 36mm for removing the oil filter on a BMW.

Forgive my ignorance but what is the advantage of the usual multipoint sockets over the impact type i.e. is it better to use impact sockets in all circumstances?
omega 2.5 v6 auto oil? - jc
Impact sockets are usually hexagon so they can have have thick walls and stand upto high torque.If you're having trouble moving the plug,try tightening slightly before you loosen.The best sockets of all are "Metrinch" if you can find them.
OH Well!tried all that but no joy got a round bolt lol
so i think i have too options.
1) Weld a nut to oldthe round bolt will this type of heat will destroy auto oil?.
2)Remove sump remove sump nut fit new nut gaskets and oil filter and oil change. CARS WHO NEEDS CARS LOl >> can anyone please tell me how i might undo the filler
plug on
auto box it seems to be very tight and i am
afraid it will round off or sheer off

omega 2.5 v6 auto oil? - Vin {P}
It's not too late. If you can find the type of socket with the wall drive heads, you should still be able to get the thing off. What you're looking for is brands such as 6wd or metrinch (or 'sidewall drive'?). They look a little odd, in that they grip on the face of the bolt rather than the corner. What this means, though, is that even on a partially rounded bolt, they still have a good chance of gripping. IIRC, it was Performance Bikes that got me onto them. They took a bolt and progressively rounded it in a lathe until it looked pretty circular but they were still getting a purchase.

Unfortunately, they are very hard to describe without a diagram. They look, I suppose, a little like the *female* part of a star drive, only much bigger. I've got a feeling Halfords sell their own version of them.

All I can say is that they are definitely worth the effort and expense of finding them. I stopped using the old style several years ago and I haven't rounded a bolt since.

Only problem is that it might still shear the bolt rather than loosening it, in which case, you'll be left drilling it out.
ok in the end had to remove sump had to drill out just as well oil was very dark and the sump has to come off to do oil change
thanks for all the help>> can anyone please tell me how i might undo the filler
plug on
auto box it seems to be very tight and i am
afraid it will round off or sheer off