Mobile phones - don't people learn - madmick
evening all i was just looking out of my living room window at the snow the road is covered and a woman driving a car using a mobile phone drives past dont people learn

Edited by Pugugly on 02/02/2009 at 20:37

dont people learn - Martin Devon
evening all i was just looking out of my living room window at the snow
the road is covered and a woman driving a car using a mobile phone drives
past dont people learn

What has this got to do with Volvo 850
or have I missed something?

MD
dont people learn - madmick
sorry messed up its my first post

sorted for you now

Edited by Pugugly on 02/02/2009 at 20:40

dont people learn - paulb {P}
Don't people learn? I fear not. When she skids off and bashes into something it will no doubt be the local authority's fault for not gritting properly.
dont people learn - 1400ted
Just thought back then to my time as a Police Motorcyclist, then we used Triumph speed twins and Velocettes, the radio pack was on the rear carrier with a big aerial but, and would this be allowed today ? I think not,...the handset was like the one on old fashioned domestic phone, fitted on the petrol tank in a spring clip. It had to be removed from the clip, normally with the left hand, held to the ear and the talkbar squeezed to speak. All at whatever the speed of the car you were chasing.
Makes me blood run cold now !
Ted
dont people learn - james86
>>When she skids off and bashes into something it will no doubt be the local authority's fault for not gritting properly.

Reminds me of a conversation last night. I was talking to my flatmate's girlfriend (not from this country) who was amazed that if you skidded off a road due to snow/ice, that you couldn't sue the council for inadequate gritting. She really was convinced that this was how it should work.
Mobile phones - don't people learn - Boggy
Me and my colleagues are currently giving a bit of an ear-bashing to a young lady member of staff who can't go anywhere without her phone clamped to her ear, making her "driving"
a question of luck, rather than skill. I asked how she'd feel if she hit a kid. Then I asked her how she'd feel if it was one of my kids.......
Mobile phones - don't people learn - Ben 10
1400ted

Can you believe, we still use these handsets on front line fire appliances in London. They have been in use since the 60s !
Mobile phones - don't people learn - Stuartli
>>Can you believe, we still use these handsets on front line fire appliances in London.>>

Just don't do it while you're driving...:-)
Mobile phones - don't people learn - L'escargot
It's not a matter of whether or not they learn. It's a matter of whether or not they care!
Mobile phones - don't people learn - daveyjp
No they don't care and I'd argue they are probably brain dead. Saw a woman this morning descending a snow covered road (I'd not gone up it to avoid getting stuck), approaching a T junction, outside a school which was open, texting away as she tried to keep control of the car. If I hadn't been carrying my daughter it would have been difficult for me not to go over and say something.

Similarly the 4x4 driver who cleared just the drivers side of his windscreen - about a brush width and then drove off with 4 inches of snow on the rest of the car.