Looking for a Car for SWMBO - thewildrover
The criteria I have been set that it must be an automatic with a reasonable amount of power, i.e not a 1.2litre auto clio like she drives at the moment. It also needs to be reasonably high for ease of access, but preferably not a 4x4.

I'm thinking about a Mercedes Benz B Class which seems to tick all the right boxes, but any other suggestions would be welcome.

Also any feedback on B Class ownership would be appreciated
Looking for a Car for SWMBO - Avant
I had a B200 CDI for 18 months and 29,000 miles until I couldn't stand it any more. It was perfectly reliable and had lots of room for people and things, BUT the combination of 4 cylinders, diesel and CVT automatic was just too noisy and vibratingly unpleasant to stand. Performance was pedestrian as well and handling rather ponderous.

If you would like a B-class, do try it first on an extended test drive. The petrol ones may be fine, although road tests are unenthusiastic.

Try all the other MPVs which are available as automatics - I'd probably go for the Toyota Verso, Mazda 5 or Ford C-Max, but I'm not sure which engines are available with automatics.