airport parking - johnny
Can anyone recommend a reasonable car park at Stansted Airport for a Mon to Thur trip? or do I have to bite the bullet and cough up about £40 for the privelege?
airport parking - Armitage Shanks{P}
Bishops's Stortford Football Club do parking, just off the M11, for £5.50 a day with a free transfer to and from the airport (10 minute journey). Book on 01279306080 and check location at www.bsfc.co.uk; they provide a 24 hour service and I am well pleased, no connection!
airport parking - Godfrey H {P}
Armitage, what are the security arrangements at BSFC car park?
airport parking - Armitage Shanks{P}
So far as I have seen there is a large fence and barbed wire, CCTV and an office manned 24 hours a day although this is more to collect and deliver passengers than to patrol the compound with slobbering dogs and big sticks! Basically is is 'secure', people can't wander in and fiddle with your car! To be sure you may care to ring and ask what they say they have!
airport parking - keithb
Book in advance in the BAA airport car park for £32 at secure.baa.com/BAABook.ASP?WCI=Entry

OR for £28.80 for Mon-Fri at the long-stay car park (minimum stay seems to be 4 days)
airport parking - blank
Keith
The baasecure site doesn't seem to be working properly - my wife and I have both tried it.
Is the price you quote for the long stay car park the standard turn-up-and-pay rate? doesn't sound too bad.
My wife and I are flying out from Stansted on Saturday until the following Sunday. Last time I parked at Stansted it was quite cheap, but I'm a bit concerned, because the cheapest price www.holidayextras.co.uk (mentioned below) could do was 90quid!

Thanks
Andy
airport parking - <0.One%
Keith
The baasecure site doesn't seem to be working properly - my
wife and I have both tried it.
Thanks
Andy

You don't say what the problem was, but presumably you have tried accessing the secure site via
www.baa.com
airport parking - blank
Thanks, tried again, so I could tell you the error and it worked fine. Quotes me the "Special BAA Price" of only £56.10 for Pink Elephant.

airport parking - keithb
Thanks, tried again, so I could tell you the error and
it worked fine. Quotes me the "Special BAA Price" of
only £56.10 for Pink Elephant.

Not for Mon-Fri surely? It quotes me £28.80 for 'Pink Elephant' which is what my son paid back in July.
airport parking - keithb
Sorry Andy S. I thought you had posted the original post. £56.10 is right for 8 days.
airport parking - keithb
Is the price you quote for the long stay car park
the standard turn-up-and-pay rate?

These prices are only if you pre-book and pay via the web site. I seem to remember it's £10 per day if you turn up and pay.
airport parking - BrianW
Avoid Stansted short stay car parks if dropping someone off or picki9ng them up.
I picked my son and girlfriend up just before midnight a few weeks back. I believe you get half an hour free. I had to wait about 45 minutes in all and got charged £2.70.
If I am right about the 30 minutes free then leave someone in the car and get them to drive it out and back in every 25 minutes!
airport parking - crazed
www.holidayextras.co.uk
airport parking - jc2

Park at the M11 services or Dunmow Tesco and get them to phone when they come thro' baggage reclaim.You just get there as they come out.There were a lot of companies offering VERY cheap long term parking at Stansted-most are gone-they took your car and street parked wherever they found a space or some farmers rented out a field.

airport parking - howardouglas
You may opt for www.cheapstanstedparking.co.uk. They come as reliable as you want.

Edited by howardouglas on 15/02/2011 at 15:46

airport parking - quizman

9 years, brilliant. Is this a record?

airport parking - KenC

have you considered parking somewhere and using one of the stansted shuttle bus services ?

there is one that operates between Southend and Stansted (via chelmsford) I think its £20 return and run every hour twenty four seven.

airport parking - John F

Does anyone know who was the clown who planned Stansted longstay to be soooooooooooo far away from the terminal check-in? It's an interminable bus ride compared to other regional airports. It is stupidly put in fields west of the runway instead of fields east of the terminal. [try googlemapping it and you will see what I mean from the satellite view] I bet there was a 'nimby' involved!

I wonder what the fuel/maintenance bill for the transfer buses is?