94 1.4 no heater - simondo
Hi

hope someone can shed some light.

My heater is'nt working, the fan/blower doesn't come on. Checked the fuse and thats OK. If I'm driving on the motorway the cab will heat up without the fan as the air is forced in at high speed but other times the windows steam up and its freezing, in this weather its a nightmare.

Anybody know if there is another fuse to check under the bonnet maybe?

Also need to know, IF the fan has died, what the correct name is for the part so I dont get a cooling fan through the post.

Other symptoms:

if the fan switch is on full (4) there is no fan sound whatsoever, after a while theres a funny smell.

thanks in advance

Simon
Anybody??
94 1.4 no heater - kiss (keep it simple)
Ballast resistor? Haynes Manual should help you locate it.
94 1.4 no heater - 659FBE
The blower switch is suspect on these cars - crazy design. Either replace if faulty or pull off fascia and control knob and carefully bend the moving contact with long nosed pliers. The moving contact is a leaf spring which has to act in bending mode and torsional mode to bridge the relevant copper segments. Careful examination will reveal all and you can test it with the ignition on. Obviously designed in the pub.

Thanks for tips guys

I called a few VW breakers to price up a Blower resister and one breaker said " is the blower working on high speed" I said "no" he said "well its not the blower resister then, as the blower would still work on the highest speed if it was the resister"

One breaker said it might be the heater matrix but then asked if there was any water in the footwell and whether the car was using a lot of water I dont remember any water in the footwell and I've had to top up the water once in a yr.

So gonna check the switch first if its not that then the finger has to point to the the blower. Sourced one at a breakers for £20 delivered.

Anybody know where it is how to replace it??