03 3.0 Engine Antipollution System defective - Vanman
I have the ?Engine Antipollution System Defective? warning on my cars display. The yellow Engine Diagnostics warning light is also illuminated and the car is now running in Limp Mode ie running very rough and underpowered.

I borrowed a fault code reader which said "P0301 Cylinder 1 misfire" which I assumed meant that the front right hand Injection Coil was defective. I replaced this today but the car is still the same as described above.

I am going to try to borrow the reader again but, in the meantime, wondered if anyone has any other suggestions on what the problem might be or things which could be checked.

Many thanks in anticipation of any replies

Edited by Pugugly on 13/01/2009 at 21:53

03 3.0 Engine Antipollution System defective - AbidX 406 Coupe HDI 2.2 Mar 03
I hope you have sorted out your issue but if you have not, i had the same issue on my Peugoet 406 Coupe 2.2 HDI and after a couple o expensive trips to the dealer i fond that the turbo pipe had a minute hole in it and this was throwing up the ?Engine Antipollution System Defective? warning, when they swapped it out (Oct 2007) it cost about £45 - if i recall correctly.

I had the same under power (limited to 3K RPM) and sounding rough running as you have described. Personally a daft error message for the error. Annoyed at dealer fopr charging me twice to clear the error message and then it came back on after a few miles but thankfully a cheap replacment part sorted it.

Feel free to give me a shout to discuss further.

Abid