05 2.2 cdti - road noise - boxer42
I have owned a Honda Accord 2.2 ctdi for a year now. The problem i have is road noise, i have changed the tyres now quite a few times,and now have quite expensive ones on, but still there is a lot of noise comming into the car when it goes over 30mph. And this gets worse depending on what type of road surface your on !. Has any Accord owner had similiar problems ?

slt

Edited by Pugugly on 04/01/2009 at 15:59

05 2.2 cdti - road noise - Bill Payer
I had one on test for a few days a few years ago now when I was changing my last company car. Excessive road noise (seemed to be mainly from the rear) was one of the thing that made me decide against getting an Accord.

Funnily enough I had the previous model Civic as a courtesy car when wifey's Jazz went in for service and I though that had a lot of rear road noise too.

In the end I opted out of the car scheme and bought a nearly new Merc C Class for about the same price as the Accord. People say there's not much difference, you're paying for the badge etc, but you just don't get that sort of issue with a Merc.

Edited by Bill Payer on 04/01/2009 at 23:10

05 2.2 cdti - road noise SOUNDPROOFING - boxer42
Thats interesting to no Bill, i wish i opted for a merc now !.
I like the styling inside and out of the car it is just the dreaded road noise.
A last resort might be to try and soundproof inside, there are various sites on the internet with different products.
Has anyone tried any of these products ?