Nissan 100NX 1994 - uk100nx
Got a small problem with a 100NX that garages haven't been able to sort out. When I have my foot down on the clutch and the cars in gear (e.g. coasting up to a junction or in heavy traffic leaving the car in gear and coasting along) the revs flucuate all over the place and can drop so low that the car cuts out.

If I take the car out of gear and leave my foot down on the clutch the revs stay at the correct idle speed.

Any ideas??
Nissan 100NX 1994 - SjB {P}
I had a problem with the same symptoms in an Allegro 1750 back in the early Eighties.

The clutch assembly was located on the end of the crankshaft by a number of dowels. Once 'hung' on these, it was then bolted up tight.

One of the dowels was a slightly larger diameter to the others, I guess to ensure that it was only possible to attach the clutch assembly in one particular position, and thus ensure a balanced assembly.

Unfortunately for me, a fast fit garage put the assembly together incorrectly, with the larger dowel jammed in to one of the smaller holes. The result, when the assembly was bolted (read forced) up tight with an air gun, was that the larger dowel had nowhere to go, and forced the end of the crankshaft to bulge slightly.

Because of the bulging, it was no longer a smoothly spinning fit inside the primary drive gear that the clutch drove, and it used to bind, getting worse when it got hot in traffic.

Once I worked out what they had done (took ages!), I rubbed down the bulge (almost invisible to the eye) with some wet and dry paper, put the clutch back together, and the problem was solved.

I have no idea how the NSX clutch assembly fits together, but share this information incase it at least sparks an idea for you.

Good luck,
Steve
Nissan 100NX 1994 - fliss.world
I have this exact same problem, which is rather annoying - did you manage to solve the problem? It seems ok when the car is warm but is all over the place when cold. Was it a dowel issue? Look forward to your response.