Driver's licence renewal - bintang
Section 4B - "Do you need to wear glasses or corrective lenses when driving?"

I pass the standard eyesight test for licences by a large margin, however I sometimes use distance glasses on motorways in order to make out the furthest objects early, for improved safety. Do I need to answer "yes"? I fear that, if I do, and have an accident when not wearing them, I will be penalised.
Driver's licence renewal - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
But do you need to wear them ? No, you choose to do so.
Driver's licence renewal - Harleyman
Bintang, forgive me if this seems rude but how long is it since you last had an eye test? Reason I ask is that if it's a while, your eyesight could well have deteriorated without you noticing.

I had a sight test for my HGV medical a year ago, and passed fine; however I noticed the other day that I was struggling to read some very small print (actually the rating on a vehicle bulb) which a couple of years ago was no problem; so I'm off to Specsavers after Christmas! :-(

In answer to your question I would say "Yes"; you choose to use them because you need to, and BTW I think that's to your credit.
Driver's licence renewal - David Horn
Had an eye test last week and while I can still see 6/6 uncorrected the improvement with glasses was astonishing, right down to 6/4. Not really relevant to your situation but I did ask the CAA about this for flying, and they had no issue (even recommended it), so can't imagine the DVLA caring.
Driver's licence renewal - rtj70
I cannot see an issue - but I'd just wear the glasses if I felt they improved sight at all times when driving.

Edited by rtj70 on 10/12/2008 at 11:25

Driver's licence renewal - bintang
Many thanks for postings and I will continue as before. I had an eye test five months ago. No deterioration compared with the last and I can easily pass the "read the number plate" Highway Code test now.