2004 1.6 Engine cut out then light came on - oftbc
I was driving along and pulled up at some traffic lights in my 04 plated 1.6 Vauxhall Zafira. I then noticed that all the lights on the dashboard came on as if I had stalled but I didn't stall. I then turned the ignition key a couple of times and nothing happened. After a couple more turns the engine started to turn over then so I kept turning the key and pressed the accelerator button in and eventually got the car going again. Throughout my journey one light remained on and that was a picture of a car with a spanner on. Think the light indicates a electrical problem. Prior to this the engine made no noises or anything, Just cut out on me for no apparent reason and after a bit of persuasion it got going again. I completed my journey without any further problems but the light remained on. When I returned to my car and turned the car on the light was no longer on like it was before.

The car was due a service about a month ago but haven't had the funds to do so yet so could it be possible it has something to do with that?

I also drove over a pot hole the other day and ever since when I have to brake harshly the brake pedal doesn't feel right, Feels rough and shaky. Normal braking is fine it's just when I brake harshly that it does that.
2004 1.6 Engine cut out then light came on - Number_Cruncher
It might be a good idea to get your car serviced now. Servicing almost always is cheaper than repairs which are caused by lack of servicing - especially as the service intervals on Vauxhalls aren't exactly onerously frequent.

While your car is being serviced, ask the garage to pay attention to the suspension and brakes, and, for the cutting out problem, get them to check, clean or perhaps, if required, replace your EGR valve, and to print out any stored trouble codes for you.
2004 1.6 Engine cut out then light came on - Dynamic Dave
Car / spanner light = Engine electronics, Automatic transmission, or Immobiliser Fault.

Disregard auto transmission fault if it's a manual box. Likewise disregard Immobiliser fault as the engine runs.

As NC says, get the fault codes read out.

I take it the word InSP appears briefly in the odometer display when the key is first turned as service is overdue?
2004 1.6 Engine cut out then light came on - topbloke
a service wont go amiss if over due but most certainly a code read would be first port of call then you can start from there, also a quick look over at the susspension would be a good idea,regards TB