Pet names for cars - Dynamic Dave
Come on, own up. What affectionate or hurtful name(s) do you call your car and the reason?

Me, well here goes.

Shed. Austin Allegro. Reason:- it was one.

Goldie. Mk1 Astra EXP. Reason:- Colour 2 tone black & gold.

Wolf. Mk2 Cavalier. Reason:- Wolf in sheeps clothing. Looked bog standard but went like poo off a stick.

Shed 2. Another Mk2 Cavalier. Reason:- right bag of nails, but bought as temp vehicle when I pranged the Wolf.

Mud Mobile. Mk3 Cavalier. Reason:- Number plate had the letters MUD at the end. I know not very original.

Swampie. Another Mk3 Cavalier. reason:- Colour was Lagoon blue.

Vicky. Mk2 Vectra. Reason:- dunno really, guess Vicky Vectra has a ring to it!!

Well it is Friday!!!!!!!!!
Pet names for cars - Toad, of Toad Hall.
Skoda Estelle - Stella.
Bike - Mawv. (Christend by previous owner name enforced by an ex bird.)

--
Parp, Parp!
Note: All Toad posts come with an implied smiley.
Pet names for cars - blank
Girlfriend, now wife insists on naming cars. She calls me a cantankerous miserable s** for not getting into this!
Her old Polo - Percy (Percy Polo, don't ask)
Her Polo replacement Civic - Cyril
My Polo Diesel - Derek
Our Mondeo - Tinky Winky 'cos he's that colour.

a***, what will you all think of me now!

I dread to think what she'll name the MX5 we plan to aquire!

Andy

Pet names for cars - svpworld
called my previous cavalier "kit" as it had more gadgets than michael knight's talking motor.

As for the omega, maybe just "mega" as its so blinking big it always seems to take over the supermarket car park spaces!!

As for me... well just call me paranoid!

S.

As for me... well just call me paranoid!

;O) No offence meant S. You look after that Omega and I'm sure she'll look after you.
Pet names for cars - svpworld
;O) No offence meant S. You look after that Omega and
I'm sure she'll look after you.

Absolutely none taken Dave :-) This is a great discussion group and my fingers are always itching over the keys to share my thoughts and experiences with other like minded individuals!

S.
Rover Metro 998cc - "Mo" (
Coz when I first got her she sounded and ran a bit like a petrol lawn mower!)
Pet names for cars - Robert Fleming
Golf GTI - "Adolf"
Because it's got one ball (on top of the gearstick).

Pet names for cars - Tom Shaw
My wife rather disparagingly refers to my VW Lupo as Herman The German.
Pet names for cars - Armitage Shanks{P}
I had a Ford c***i once!
Pet names for cars - Armitage Shanks{P}
OK - I get your point! Now people think I owned a Capri and it wasn't - it was a c**p*
Pet names for cars - Daedalus
For fairly obvious reasons if you read the forum on a regular basis, our Mondeo is called the MONDEWOE.
My wifes spinster aunt, 65 now I would think, always gives her cars names, the best one was Umberto for a Fiat Uno Turbo that had the reg letters ECO. As she taught english at college and said that the Name Of The Rose was one of her favourite books this seemed very appropriate.

Bill
Pet names for cars - Johnny20
My pa's old Megane was called vomit as the last letters were VOM.
It's Just a coincidence that it was a big pile of the stuff with a bit of steel thrown in for good luck.

My sis named my Corolla Charlie - Don't ask why - but i prefer Old girl, Beast or Tank. It's also been refered to as Love machine (not my words!)

Pet names for cars - Union Jack
Having carefully refrained until now from inflicting the following story on the forum, the touching (tragic?)input on "Pet Names" makes me realise that I was probably holding back unnecessarily! So here goes:

Five Germans in an Audi 'Quattro' arrive at the Italian border, and the Italian customs officer stops them and says:

"It'sa illegala to havea five people in a 'Quattro, it?sa not gooda."

"Vot do you mean it'z illegal?" queries the German driver.

"It'sa because 'Quattro' meansa four in Italian" replies the Italian officer.

"But 'Qvattro' is just ze name of ze Audi model in Cherman!" the German retorts in astonishment. "Look at meine papers - zis car is built to take five people, dumkopf!"

"Nicea try, but you can'ta foola me likea that!" replies the Italian. " 'Quattro' meansa four and you hava fivea people ina your car. You are breaking the law, and I willa not let you into Italy."

Furious, the German driver replies "Idioten! Immediately tell your superior officer here to komme! I vant to speak to somevone viz more intelligence!"

"Suita yourself" shrugs the Italian official. "But you'll havea to waita - he'sa too busy sorting outa two guys in a Fiat 'Uno'"!
Pet names for cars - bogush
I used to drive an ordinary van.

*PLONK*

In the bin.
Pet names for cars - Alyn Beattie
First car Singer Hunter 1953 vintage known as mobo. Reg letters mbo

Big old Rover 3 litre coupe named Hadliegh (Anyone remember the television series with Gerald Harper) Reg letters HAD

Seddon Artic unit. Lamb Reg letters LAM

AEC mandator tractor unit. Nyle Reg letters nyl

Bang up to date Vauxhall Carlton. Tikka Reg letters TKA

A lot in between as well but I will stop boring you now

OK one more, drove for one haulage firm with an old Albion 8 wheeler. Used to break down practically every time it went north of Birmingham. Was known as drive out walk home

Alyn Beattie

I'm sane, it's the rest of the world that's mad.
Pet names for cars - dan
To entirely wind up my anti-car housemates l call my car the Rooster (it is red) and l have been seriously considering getting a chrome 'rampant' rooster hood ornament...
Pet names for cars - lezebre
I resisted this topic for a while, then when it had attracted a number of replies, I wondered if some women might have posted. Oh well. [Not that I'm suggesting that they might not be equally tempted by a thread on choice of tyre brands].

My first car was a Reliant three wheeler with reg letters TTT.
I wasn't into giving cars names then - fortunatly perhaps.

My first proper car had reg OWL.

I called it "The Owl"

I'll get me coat.