Deal or no deal? - legacylad
As posted by myself last month, a friend of mine desperately needs to change her Rav4. She has bought a large 2 horse trailer and the Rav 4 is not up to the job. She is buying a LR Defender type (probably a new County Station Wagon)and has been offered £6k in p/ex today.
I have just driven the Rav4, and it looks fine to me. Spec is 2.0TD, 55plate, 59k miles, 1 owner from new with main dealer FSH, 5 door XTR with heated leather seats, and recently fitted Witter tow bar (not yet used!!). She has offered it to me at the p/ex price of £6k, and in addition will have a 62k service (with new cambelt)and 2 new tyres fitted if I buy it from her.
My finances allow me to puchase it without borrowing, something I would never do anyway!.
My own dearly loved immaculate Mazda 626 I could probably sell privately, and running costs should be comparable.
I have 24 hours to decide before she p/exs it at the LR dealer, and before anyone suggests it, she will not be swayed from a Defender!
Opinions please on whether to go for it....
Deal or no deal? - Spospe
For a price of £6K I would grab it.

Used to have a 1998 RAV4 (from new) and loved it. The longest single day's journey that I have personally driven, 740 miles from Limoges to home in the UK, was done in the RAV.
Deal or no deal? - Mr.Tee43
Google Toyota RAV 4 and Dual mass flywheel.
Deal or no deal? - TheOilBurner
At 6K that's probably around 1-1.5K less that it should cost privately.

Snap it up and worry about the DMF another day...
Deal or no deal? - legacylad
On our short test drive it seemed sluggish compared to my 2.0 petrol 626, which goes really well when the revs are up!
On the other hand the Rav would see me over the winter months...I live in NYorks near the Cumbria border and it is more practical for the muddy dogs!
Think I shall toss a coin tomorrow morning....
Deal or no deal? - nick
Sounds like a good deal to me.
Deal or no deal? - tawse
I am not a diesel lover but that sounds like a good deal to me. Even if you had to pay out for a new DMF in future in theory you should still only be up to what you would pay for it privately elsewhere and, of course, you might never have to.

Even a diesel hater like me would be tempted by that deal. Is your friend one of these horsey type females who wanders around in tight jodphurs, tight sweaters and tight riding boots? The best ones are the ones who do so but who don't smell of manure!

:-)