01 2.5 CRD Rear wiper - actd
I've just bought a voyager 2001 model (the newer model for that year) 2.5CRD LE and the rear wiper isn't working. The switch lights up in both positions - anyone got any ideas where's the best place to start to track this down? The rear demister also seems a bit weak, though that may be because it still had cold water on the outside.

Also, can anyone explain to me exaclty what the hot air boost does - it seems to be working (it makes a noise and there was a puff of diesel exhaust from under the car when I switched the engine off when still cold).

Has anyone ever found a way to convert the MPG display to UK gallons instead of US gallons?

Many thanks
01 2.5 CRD Rear wiper - MerlinTec
Hi
Issue 1
The rear wiper to fail is common, just check for 2 lives and earth but more then likely motor is shot. I can tell you what wires to check if needed but a simply test light on all the wires and if you have 2 lives it will more then likely be the motor.
Issue 2
The ancillary heater are only on the diesel and it to help get heat out of the heater as diesel take a long time to warm up. It will only kick in if it is low temp outside and / or you have set it high inside. e.g If you don?t set it above 24 inside and it not below 5 outside it doesn?t come on.
Issue 3
The MPG should be set to UK anyway, what are you getting in km if you set it to metric in the over head display?
01 2.5 CRD Rear wiper - actd
Ah Merlin,

seems you are on this forum as well. Excellent :-)

I have a sticker saying that the MPG is in US gallons, but good point about the metric - I'll switch across and do a calculation to see what it equates to in Imperial MPG.

With regards to the ancillary heater, mine is a diesel model, and I'd been playing with the heater, so presumably it kicked in. Never come across one before, but I like the idea.

Got your reply on the motor on the other forum thanks.