96 1.6 - petrol judders - bartsmegane
Hi my p reg 1.6e megane has done 62,000 miles and has run fine until I have recently started getting a jumping in the car when you take your foot off the power. I took it to a local garage who fixed a leaking head gasket ect this cost me £200 but did not cure my problem. I have since been told it could be the HT leads, spark plugs so I changed them to no joy. Then I was told its the coils so ive spent £80 on two coil packs but the car still jumps when you decelerate sometimes when you accelerate you can feel a slight lack of power then it comes back again. I have now been told its a map sensor or something I am not a mechanic so I do not now what to do This is soul destroying can anyone help.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 17/11/2008 at 12:35

96 1.6 - petrol judders - Screwloose

On the over-run above 1200 rpm, the fuelling should be shut of completely.

This needs checking with a good scanner to see if the throttle signals are correct and if the injectors are being pulsed - or not.

Don't overlook the possibility of a driveshaft issue.
Thanks screwloose for the reply I am going to have the car put on a diagnostics machine this afternoon so hopefully I shall see what the problem is. I dont get any warning lights on my dash so I hope the diagnostics machine will still see any problems.
screwloose just to let you know took the car to a different garage this afternoon and the mechanic found the hose split going to the air map sensor he changed this and voila it runs excellent thanks to the mechanic