2003 2.0 2 problems dont know help - bigmennie
hi i have a mondeo tdci 130 on a 53 plate with 104000 miles right the first problem is when i let off the accelarater then put it back down again it makes like a metally clnging noise and it does this also somtimes when i cahnge gear

the second problem is the steering wheel isent straight i have had it tracked and everything and the steering wheel still the same but when i do put it level it pulls to the right and also it can start to really pull to the left sometimes really hard and i have to use alot of force to keep it straight but it dosent do that all the time and is just generally abit twitchy on the road altogether

thanks
2003 2.0 2 problems dont know help - Peter.N.
Cant help you with the noise - although it could be the flywheel failing. The second problem is either the tracking has not been adjusted properly or the steering wheel is not fitted straight. To check, set the strreing wheel in the straight ahead position and turn it to full lock in both directions, if the steering wheel is correctly fitted you should have an equal ammount of movement in both directions, if you have , the track rod lengths want adjusting, if not, the wheel isn't correctly fitted. Regarding the 'twitchyness' what sort of condition are your front tyres in and are the pressures correct?
2003 2.0 2 problems dont know help - Screwloose

Unless the whole front subframe's moving about?
2003 2.0 2 problems dont know help - 659FBE
Has it just had the clutch changed? (The subframe has to be disturbed to do this and alignment can suffer if badly done...).

2003 2.0 2 problems dont know help - bigmennie
hi the car has 104,000 miles the clutch was done by ford at 85,000 iam guessing they have done the flywheel as well could it be a drivesahaft or the diff