Legacy - Extended warranty - nick62
My Legacy 2.0R is approaching it's third birthday and Subaru have written to me with extended warranty options.

The car currently has 35,000 miles on the clock and I do about 20,000 per year. The warranty can be extended for £329 or £621 for 12 or 24 months respectively, with a 60,000 total mileage cap, or alternatively £547 / £1,133 for 12 / 24 months unlimited mileage.

Now Subaru's are supposedly very reliable, (and mine has been totally reliable for the 25,000 miles I've owned the car), so does anyone think any of the above options are worth it, (I realise the 24 month/60,000 mile capped option is useless)?

P.S. Due to the current financial climate I'm not planning changing the car in the near future.
Legacy - Extended warranty - nick
You could just put the money in the bank. I'm on my third Subaru. The first, a 2000W plate 2 litre saloon did 135k miles in 6 years with a clutch at 120k-ish, probably due to me driving it somewhat enthusiastically. Other than that, tyres and two headlight bulbs, nothing went wrong or needed replacing. Not a single bush, joint, exhaust box, zilch.
My second, a 2006 Legacy Spec B, did 29k in 18 months. Faultless apart from a creak from some trim which was fixed at the first service. Not long p/exed for an Impreza. If you like complete peace of mind, then do it. But I'd bank it and cough up in the unlikely event on anything going wrong. You can also get it serviced at an indy rather than feeling obliged to use the main dealer, though I've not found my dealer too bad on costs.
Legacy - Extended warranty - Wilco {P}
The service manager at my local dealership described the extended warranty as "rather expensive".

So I didn't got for it!!
Legacy - Extended warranty - Falkirk Bairn
Try Warranty Direct - my son pays £19 /mth for an IS200.

Waterpump leaked - replaced and IIRC he had £20 to pay - more than the 1st year total premium if he had paid the £400+ bill.
Legacy - Extended warranty - jdc
I'm on Subaru no.7 at the moment - all started with the original Impreza Turbo back in ...... one of the first batch in the UK with lightweight aluminium bonnet.

Had Legacy 4-cam Estate, Legacy Estate Turbo, Forester, Forester Turbo, Legacy Saloon Turbo and now Outback - so all in all about 300,000+ miles and nothing has gone wrong. Only things needed have been routine servicing, tyres and exhausts. No mechanical or electrical failures in 10-15 years of motoring......

Cheers
jdc