size of torx screwdriver - gaslight10
Hi.

I have a 1.4, 16v R reg polo. Recently, the car has been breaking down and now won't start at all. I have been told that it most likely due to the fuel relay, as its not cutting in when i turn the ignition on and needs replacing. I have the part and know that its a simple job, but the relays are hidden behind the fuse box below the steering column. I need to unscrew the fuse box to be able to take out the old fuel relay and replace it. Only problem, is that the fuse box is attached with torx/star screws and i don't have a torx/star screwdriver. Just wondered if anyone with the same car, knows what size torx/star screwdriver to use? I'm gonna have a look at buying a set of them anyway, but would be good if anyone knew the actual size.

Thanks.

Made make/model non-specific - should move it to Tech really

Edited by Pugugly on 31/10/2008 at 20:55

size of torx screwdriver - csgmart
They usually come in sets with different sizes - probably cheaper to buy a set in the long run.
size of torx screwdriver - Andrew-T
It's easy to find sets of 6 from 15 to 40 (I think) as hex-bits which fit small socket screwdrivers.
size of torx screwdriver - L'escargot
It's easy to find sets of 6 from 15 to 40 (I think) as hex-bits ........

............ or as angled key sets. Draper have loads of Torx items. tinyurl.com/2ej7ow
size of torx screwdriver - L'escargot
Copied from a website ......

"Torx sizes are shown in multiples of 0.1mm, so a size of T20 is 2.0mm. Ideally you should find out the spec of the screw you're trying to undo to be sure you have the correct size torx key. If you don't know the size, you can try and measure it, but the stars in the screws tend to be quite small and quite hard to measure.The size is the diameter measured from the inside points of the star. So a measurement of 1.5mm would need a T15 key."