1998 1.3 Radiator drain taps are not extinct! - Steptoe
Decided it was time to change coolant in Hyundai (been in at least for 3 years and maybe more) and whilst checking how easy it was to get the lower hose off, noticed a strange white thumbscrew thingy fitted in a boss on the lower water chamber of the radiator.

Wonderfully enough this turned out to be drain tap, thoughtfully designed so it unscrews but doesn't fall out and disappear. Coupled with the radiator filler cap being at the highest point, this made the job a five minute doddle.

I've not seen a drain tap for years, but have had to struggle with hoses that won't come off and then leak when put back, so this was a welcome change. It would be interesting to know if there are any other vehicles similarly equipped as, like the ease of changing headlamp bulbs, this may be a pointer to DIY servicing friendliness.

On the downside, whilst checking the small print on my newly purchased 5 litre container of Holts antifreeze to determine the correct dilution strength, I found it is now sold as ready mixed so I'd carried home (and paid for) 3 or 4 litres of water :-(
1998 1.3 Radiator drain taps are not extinct! - Paul G1pdc
the v40 we have also has the drain tap...as you said in the past struggling with 205 and 306 pugs made me scared of the job....but hey job done....
and you can get to all the front and rear bulbs without taking the car apart...
ok ok the volvo wasn't the best handling and driving car in its class. but it sorts of grows on you...(no not like a wart before someone in a friday mood adds a comment) ha ha
with the water thing....yeh did that with windscreen fluid before...bought watered down stuff by mistake...
1998 1.3 Radiator drain taps are not extinct! - SpamCan61 {P}
Yes, when I did a coolant change on my Omega a couple of years back I was surprised to find a little tap and nozzle ( plastic piping for placing thereon) , they do seem to have made a comeback.
1998 1.3 Radiator drain taps are not extinct! - steveo3002
id noticed alot of those pre mixed antifreezes for sale

what a scam packaging tap water mixed in with it