2000 1.4 What socket is it? - fingers
Somebody please help - I am changing the clutch on my 2000 1.4 polo and the bolts holding the pressure plate to the flywheel are really odd. Can anyone tell me what socket I need to buy
2000 1.4 What socket is it? - Dynamic Dave
Torx bolts maybe?

www.carbasics.co.uk/torx_1.jpg

If so then you'll need the relevant torx sockets / bits to undo them.
No it's definately not Torx
2000 1.4 What socket is it? - RichardW
Can you describe the bolts? There is also a reverse ToRX where you get the splines on the bolt and need a socket to fit them. You might have to get a tool from VW to fit, but that seems a bit extreme for a standard item like a clutch bolt.
The bolt heads seem so have more points than a Torx socket has if that makes any sense. they are also not as deep or extreme as the Torx
2000 1.4 What socket is it? - 659FBE
Triple square (12 point). This is now a VAG speciality and crops up in all sorts of places - door latch securing bolts and fuel filter clamp bolts, of all things. You'll probably find the door latch bolts are of the same type, albeit countersunk.

Take an impression with blutack and visit a good tool shop.

2000 1.4 What socket is it? - jimbano
Hi,

I may be wrong as it's been a while, but the socket you require may be a 9mm multi hex socket. Don't know why but when i saw the question, this size socket immediatley sprang to mind, but as i say, it's been a while since i've done one of these.

Failing that, can you phone/visit a vw garage and speak direct to a technician? If anyone should know, they should.

hth

Edited by jimbano on 17/10/2008 at 20:29