3 beeps - timelord33
My car has just started to beep three times shortly after starting a journey. There are no clues from the dashboard as to what they mean. Can anyone help? The car is a 307 hdi 5 door 53 reg.

Cheers
3 beeps - Armitage Shanks {p}
As a fellow 307 owner and hoping to help is this bleep any of the ones associated with

1. Lights on with door open and ignition off, a loud 3 note tone which sounds 25 times?

2. Key in ignition, engine off and the door open, a quieter 2 note tone which sounds 11 times?

On my 04 car at least!

Edited by Armitage Shanks {p} on 08/10/2008 at 16:58

3 beeps - timelord33
Thanks for your input but the beeps occur when i am driving and are literally three single beeps in a row.
3 beeps - Brit_in_Germany
Low outside temperature warning (under 2-4° C)?
Yes but where are bleeps apparently coming from? Difficult when there are only 3 and you are driving! Do they sound like either of the beeps I mentioned re lights on or keys in? Might they be coming from the ICE system? Easy check - do they happen with the ICE off?
3 beeps - timelord33
I am familiar with the two tones you mentioned in your first response and it is not as tunefull as that. It would appear that the sound is coming from the dashboard but there are no alert messages to indicate what it could mean.

What is the ICE system? The sound does not happen when the temperature is very cold as someone else thought might be the case.

I do appreciate your help.
Thanks
ICE = In Car Entertainment
3 beeps - corblimeyguvnar
I have this problem too, only happens now and then. It is the identical noise made if you leave the handbrake on and pull away but you get a 'Handbrake' warning, get no dash warning with these beeps. Confusing.

CBG
3 beeps - andyfr
Seatbelt warning?
3 beeps - timelord33
not seatbelt warning. Kinda glad someone else has the same thing happen.
3 beeps - Dipstick
Assuming you have a mobile telephone with a record feature, get a passenger to record the beeps, then play them back to the dealer, perhaps down another phone? (Or find somewhere to upload the sound file so someone here can hear them!)
3 beeps - andyfr
not seatbelt warning. Kinda glad someone else has the same thing happen.

We had a similar problem with our Citroen C3 and it was the airbag warning but this also showed the airbag warning symbol on the dash. It turned out to be a faulty airbag ECU.
3 beeps - I'm a Pane
Do all the warning lights come on when you first start up? Just a thought that perhaps these are warning beeps but you also have a defective warning light. (It is a French car after all...!)
3 beeps - timelord33
a lot of the warning lights are displayed at first so that display is working, assuming i am seeing the right selection. I always have the airbag turned off as i put a baby car seat in the front.

the noise doesn't happen everytime i use the car, just the first journey in the morning and after the same short distance so i might get someone to record the noise - good advice.

thanks for trying to help.
3 beeps - andyfr
Is there any indication on the dash that the air bag is turned off? I'm thinking that maybe the beeps are to remind you that it's turned off. What does it say in the handbook about disabling the airbag, should there be any indication?
3 beeps - timelord33
the light stays on to indicate that the airbag is turned off. My tyres were a little deflated and since pumping them up it hasn't happened yet - could the car be that clever to know?

maybe i'll just have to live with it.
3 beeps - Baskerville
the light stays on to indicate that the airbag is turned off. My tyres were
a little deflated and since pumping them up it hasn't happened yet - could the
car be that clever to know?

Maybe. And maybe as the tyres warmed up during driving they reached sufficient pressure not to trigger the warning.
3 beeps - m14esk
Hi my 307 HDI did the 3 beeps thing this morning about 5 minutes after starting out, no lights came on though and the outside temp was reading 10?

I had abs sensor problems a month or so back but my husband striped the sensors down and cleaned all the muck and dirt out and refitted it so was sitting correctly as the build up of grime had just moved how the sensor was sitting and so far no more problems.

The sound is like the sound when a dashlight comes on though but no lights came on at all any ideas?

Thanks in advance
SQ

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/10/2008 at 13:32