Tools: anyone own a cordless impact gun ? - steveo3002
any car

can anyone advise , i own a cordless impact gun , on the side it has a screw that comes out and the manual states its a lube point

no mention of how to lube or what to use and how often , the screw opening doesnt really open it up much so im guessing oil/spray

wondered if anyone could help

{make model selection is optional in Dicussion. You don't need to select anything if you don't need to - it's only over in Tech Matters that it's compulsory}

Edited by Pugugly on 03/10/2008 at 00:03

any car - tools anyone own a cordless impact gun - Tron
tinyurl.com/48fqjh
any car - tools anyone own a cordless impact gun - Peter D
Just 3 or 4 drops of normal engine oil will be fine. Do not use a spray as they contain solvents. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 02/10/2008 at 12:10

any car - tools anyone own a cordless impact gun - steveo3002
any ideas how often they need lube peter?
any car - tools anyone own a cordless impact gun - Tron
What is the make of the tool and do you have any instructions/service or customer service contact numbers supplied with it?

I mis-read your post earlier and that is why I gave you the link for air tool oil - silly me!

I used to service Ingersoll Rand air tools and just went there straight away!

I would say as it is an impact tool and as we always cleaned and refilled (2/3rds) the gear boxes of IR tools with LM grease then I would not be surprised that when you look in there or call customer services - LM grease or similar will be the lubricant.
any car - tools anyone own a cordless impact gun - steveo3002
tron its sealey branded

the screw that comes out only leaves a 8-10mm hole , i cant me getting any grease in there unless i whip it apart

the instruction just pointed it out as a lube point, no specs on how or what to use

maybe i should have it apart and grease it up , the warrenty is up now anyway