Ford Powershift demos are like hen's teeth - Sulphur Man

Has anyone out there, excluding journalists, actually driven a TDCI Focus or C-Max with the Powershift dual-clutch gearbox?

I ask as there seems to be none to drive in my area, namely Surrey nr Guildford, not exactly a sparsely populated part of the country.

Farnborough Ford (a sizeable dealership) has none. Basingstoke, the same. Guildford Ford claims they're still waiting on delivery of a C-Max Titanium Powershift, which is a month overdue.

Production problems? Lack of demand? Or just slow-witted dealers? What's going on?
Ford Powershift demos are like hen's teeth - focusman
hi
yes i actually have a focus powershift on motability
i was looking at getting the bmw 120d auto but the initial payment was way too much.
the powershift gearbox is really good and well mated to the 2.0 tdi136 engine.
i had a test drive way back in may when they first appeared. ford dealer in oldham near manchester had 3 or 4 of different spec
gearbox gives very smooth changes, no jerkiness at all. and a manual option which i have only tried once or twice but works very well.
had the 1.6 petrol auto before this, which gave me 4 years service no problems what so ever but only got between 32 to 37 mpg
only problem so far with the new focus is that mine came with the sport pack on, so road noise is evident. other than that it is a lovely drive
Ford Powershift demos are like hen's teeth - Avant
Ford dealers are hopeless at providing demonstrators, at least for private customers. A C-Max 2.0 TDCI was on my shortlist last year, and I never got near one. One salesman seemed surprised that I didn't think that a 1.8 petrol was similar enough.

As long as Ford and their dealers can get their fleet sales, they couldn't give a stuff about losing a private buyer. In any case, given the amount of value Fords lose as soon as they leave the showroom, private buyers are best off buying them used.