2003 2.0td - full service or not? - Mazda-Man
Hi guys. This question arises from another thread over in Discussion. Essentially my 5 year old diesel MPV (53 reg) has now done just shy of 25k. It's been fully dealer serviced to date and has just sailed through its MOT but is due a cambelt change with its next service due shortly.

Last year I asked one of the garage staff if I should continue bothering with full annual services given the low mileage I'm doing which is mainly off peak social driving with the odd motorway blast whilst on holidays, days out etc. He seemed to think 'intermediate' servicing might be a good idea but didn't seem all that convinced so I'm really not sure. TBH I have no idea if the garage are even doing all the servicing work listed but I clearly don't want to be wasting money on servcing which isn't really necessary. I'm inclined towards getting the cam belt done shortly due to the catastrophic results if it fails but would it be sensible to just get a basic service/oil change done at this point?

Cheers!

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 22/09/2008 at 14:40

2003 2.0td - full service or not? - Mazda-Man
Bump :) Any advice much appreciated ;)
2003 2.0td - full service or not? - tryitandsee
Why not get a quote from a good Independant first and ask their advice.

In my opinion, whilst in for cam belt, just have oil/air filter and oil change only. The milage is low and the car does a varied milage. Why spend more than you may need to.