MOT Advice - SideShowBob
I am due to take my wifes 2001 Peugeot 307 in for it's MOT.

Last year it passed no problems.

It has 42,000 miles on the clock and she only uses it for school run a pootling around town.

Just wanted to know if there is anything specific I should be checking for before I take it.

I am taking it to local garage - not dealer and they have always been straight with us before and never ripped us off.
MOT Advice - Armitage Shanks {p}
I had problems at that mileage but on an 04 reg car with rusty rear discs. They were cleaned up with an angle grinder - the garage charged me for skimming them and it passed the re-test but I think it will really fail next year. No other problems in 2 MOTs
MOT Advice - Andrew-T
I think if the scheduled servicing has been done it will be difficult to point to anything specific. You can check obvious things like tyre wear yourself. If longer-term things like changing coolant and brake fluid have been skimped (read HJ's advice) there could be unexpected radiator or heater failures for example, but those aren't MoT problems. My 19-y-o 205 (which readers will be bored with by now) goes through its MoT without hesitation.

On the point of brake discs, their condition will depend a lot on how wet they get, either by the car living outdoors or being hosed down frequently.

Edited by Andrew-T on 19/09/2008 at 12:19

MOT Advice - SideShowBob
Thanks.

Like I said, it got through last year no problem.

It does rattle a little but I think that is common in this model at this age.