2000 1.2 16v Intermittent dashboard failure - Jon8
I have an intermittent problem with my dashboard when driving. There is no set pattern but often one or all of the warning lights suddenly come on which results in either loss of power steering, loss of abs, loss of power (or all) for 2 - 5 seconds then the lights die out and speed dials etc start working again and the car is fine. This problem seems to becoming a more regular occurance. The only light that stays on is the keycode light, but this disappears if the ignition is turned off and the engine restarted. I have had an auto electrician check both the ecu and body computer and no error codes were found. He also checked the wiring in the steering column and couldnt find any obvious problems.

I also have a problem with my puto stalling or cutting out. This is normally when I am stationnary in traffic or when I first get into my car and have to reverse when setting off. I then restart the car and it is fine.

Does anyone have any ideas of what is causing these problems and how to solve them?

Any ideas would be great!