New motorcycle test - delayed - martint123
Like much new legislation (HIPS spring to mind) it looks like they have jumped the gun again.

The extended and very much reduced number of centres has caused a six month delay to the introduction on the new, extended, off road motocycle test that was due to start at the end of this month.

www.dsa.gov.uk/News.asp?id=SX6AAA-A782F5E8

Edited by Pugugly on 12/09/2008 at 16:53

New motorcycle test - delayed - stackman
Was I imagining things or did I read somewhere that the reason for hte new large off-road centres was that the European Union demanded that motorcyclists perform manouvres up to 50km/h or 32mph.

As our urban limit is 30mph they could not be conducted on the public highway, so for the sake of 2mph the governement spent millions building new centres.

Of course I might just have dreamt it having read the Daily Mail by mistake one day...
New motorcycle test - delayed - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Assuming the above information is correct, 30 mph is indeed 'up to' 32 mph. Not at 32 mph I agree. I have to interpret EU standards every day at work and there often is a work around....
So what is the problem?
New motorcycle test - delayed - TJ63
No, you weren't imagining it - it was in this week's Motorcycle News. More than £70m has been spent because of these stupid eurocrats who wouldn't let us do the test at 30mph.

Madness...

TJ