94 1.4 Stalling when engine warm - Rosie50
I have just bought an M reg Nissan Sunny which, once warm, stalls when braking and changing down the gears. The revs drop off when the clutch is dropped, the throttle off and the brake applied, and the car stalls as it comes to a stand still. Otherwise drives well, and also always starts at the first turn of the key, even just after it has stalled, and idles smoothly with no desire to stall.
I have checked the air filter and spark plugs - all are fine. Would it be a carburetta problem or possibly a fuel filter? The car has been stood on a driveway for the past two months and not driven - would a good long journey at speed help, or maybe some Redex?
Also the fan does not operate - any suggestions?
Thanks Rosie50
94 1.4 Stalling when engine warm - random man
Did you buy the same car as I.. Got exactly the same problems. Have read that this is a common problem with Micra but could be with Sunny as well. Its been suggested that the problem is caused by airflow mass meter or something similar but nobody seems to have changed it so no wiser about that. New part is supposed to be around £600. Heres a link to something similar if you dear to try this:

www.micra.com.au/technical-articles/cg13de-throttl...p

Edited by random man on 08/09/2008 at 23:31

94 1.4 Stalling when engine warm - Screwloose
Rosie

Fortuanately; these don't share the Micra's faulty MAF sensor. Instead they had a weird "Electronic Carburettor" with full ECU control - didn't work, dropped fast and never tried again!

To get the, ECU-controlled, idle function working will need an expert on these short-lived carbs - even the dealers probably won't have anyone left who's ever seen one.

Checking for any air leaks into the inlet side would be a worthwhile first step.