3rd party tyre insurance - Tron
Does anyone know about this please?

I have had to replace 3 tyres this year because of damage caused by debris on the roads - it is now getting expensive - surely cheaper for me to insure and just pay a one off premium?
3rd party tyre insurance - martint123
Google is your friend here. There are loads of them, including the AA etc.

Three in a year is outstanding though. I have changed one in 30 years due to damage.
Now how much would that save me by not having insurance at 100 quid a year or so??
3rd party tyre insurance - jc2
Some tyre dealers offer it.
3rd party tyre insurance - spikeyhead {p}
I've had to change about five tyres in half a million miles of motoring due to damage and I hate to think how many due to normal wear. Once got through a set of rears in a Caterham in 1500 niles and all four on an Imprezza turbo in 2500 miles.

wouldn't dream of insuring them, never insure against any risk that you can afford to live with, far better just to put all the potentially insurable fees into a pot and pay out when you need to. They;ll only be using your money to make profits from otherwise.
3rd party tyre insurance - L'escargot
I doubt if it would be worth it. In 50 years I've only had to change one due to damage, and I suspect that that was caused by the first owner kerbing it or somesuch.
3rd party tyre insurance - CGNorwich
As a general rule you should only buy insurance against events that would be financially disastrous to you e.g your house burning down, or being sued . It is not generally a good way to finance everyday minor losses such as damaging a tyre or your washing machine breaking down. Far better to create your own fund for these events and pay a regular monthly amount into that fund.

For evey £100 paid to an insurance company on average only £50 is paid in claims. the rest is swallowed up in costs
3rd party tyre insurance - Mapmaker
I wouldn't insure you; you look like a bad risk. Perhaps you can try driving more carefully?

In 100-200k miles I have never had an un-repairable puncture.
I wouldn't insure you; you look like a bad risk. Perhaps you can try driving
more carefully?
In 100-200k miles I have never had an un-repairable puncture.

Cheers Mapmaker - well youmust have exceptional eyesight because I certainly did not see the offending articles that causes the 3 punctures that have been unreperable.

I have driven a good 500+k since passing my test many years ago - it has only been the last 12 months and since using the M62 M1 M18 A1M motorways that this has started to happen.

Even when I lived and worked in London i never had this many puntures!
3rd party tyre insurance - Mapmaker
Sorry, I think you misread what I miswrote. Sorry.

All I mean is that with your track record, you would be virtually uninsureable. So the cost of your insurance would be much higher than any saving.

As you point out you have only had three punctures in your many years of driving. Not worth insuring! (I did perhaps misinterpret your reference to debris; presumably it has in fact been nails rather than proper lumps of avoidable debris.)
Hello Mapmaker accepted & I apologise too - I am sarcastic in content and guilty of that!
3rd party tyre insurance - Mister T
I managed two in the space of two weeks. Both had loads of life left in them and both could not be repaired.

First was a cut in the sidewall, probably caused by the tyre slipping off the edge of the raised tarmac on a single track road. This has led me to be a bit more careful when trying to pass cars on single track roads but taking the tyres off the tarmac can't always be avoided. The narrow lanes can't easily be avoided either.

Second was a 4" nail stuck in the tyre which I probably picked up on a visit to the local tip. Sadly the length of the nail and the angle meant the tip was rubbing against the inside sidewall, thus gouging a crater in it otherwise it could have been repaired. How a 4" nail stands upright enough to poke into a tyre I don't know.

An expensive two weeks!