Puncture repaired for a £5 - skorpio
This morning I took the Pug to National Tyres to mend a puncture. It took the chap half an hour to find it as it was a tiny hole, but it was duly mended and refitted in 45 minutes.

I was about to pay when the man said 'just buy me a beer next time'.
Although the repair would normally cost £15 he said he wouldn't charge!

I slipped him a fiver, shook his greasy hand and went on my way.

Have you ever had a repair done for free?
Puncture repaired for a £5 - rtj70
Yes. Had problems with a Fiesta with dirt in the fuel. My local garage that had done lots of work on the car flushed the fuel lines and fitted an inline fuel filter. They would not take any money.
Puncture repaired for a £5 - henry k
>>Have you ever had a repair done for free?
>>
No but did happen on a really helpful guy in Washington DC.
I, with two children and SWMBO, hired a car from one of the big boys and later noticed an under inflated rear tyre.
A guy at a filling station removed the wheel, dunked it in a bath to search for leaks and we came to the conclusion it was the "spare " that had not been checked when it had been fitted just before my hire.
He said " no charge" and had to have a few dollars forced on him.
There are still good people out there.
Puncture repaired for a £5 - martint123
Surprisingly, it is often the big chains that get a slagging on here that will do puncture repairs FOC. I wandered into one to get some stick-on weights to balance by bike wheels and they gave me a box full of assorted weights FOC.

Puncture repaired for a £5 - Mapmaker
Surprisingly it is often the big chains that get a slagging on here that will
do puncture repairs FOC.

Which suggests to me that the operative cannot be bothered to put the cash through the till - hence FOC.
Puncture repaired for a £5 - Galaxy
FOC means no liability if something goes wrong!

Puncture repaired for a £5 - motorprop
there are some illegal - immigrant run tyre ' places ' in North London , filthy, with a business name written in left over paint on a piece of rotten plywood . Cash only, current going rate is a fiver for a puncture . They recycle the recovered screws
Puncture repaired for a £5 - Another John H
>>They recycle the recovered screws...

Do you mean they give somebody elses tyre a puncture with it ? ;-)
Puncture repaired for a £5 - motorprop
yes !! I also cycle and have never seen so many black screws in the gutter . Must be the tyre shops....