2005 1.9 TDI Surging/hesitation at constant thrott - Steve33
I Drove SWMBO's Leon yesterday and experienced a noticable hesitancy during a constant throttle position, more noticable in the lower gears.

As I drove along it alternated between feeling like it was being held back and then picking back up to what it should feel like at a constant throttle i.e smooth.

The car has a full SEAT service history, has covered just over 30,000 miles and was serviced 600 miles ago.

It still accelerates as it should, just this strange hesitancy on a constant throttle.

Anybody got any ideas on what it might be?
2005 1.9 TDI Surging/hesitation at constant thrott - Screwloose

As a general rule; surging on a diesel is often minute amounts of air getting in.

Did the garage seal the fuel filter correctly?
2005 1.9 TDI Surging/hesitation at constant thrott - Steve33
Thanks for the advice Screwloose.

The engine management light has now come on with a loss of performance, so it's booked into the Dealers on Friday. I will update later with what they find.
2005 1.9 TDI Surging/hesitation at constant thrott - 659FBE
"Serviced 600 miles ago" - this is probably significant.

I would also agree with Screwloose's theory that air may be getting into the fuel system. If the "service" included fuel filter replacement, as it should, I wonder if they replaced the 2 'O' rings on the plastic Tee on the fuel filter? I wonder also if they got them in the right order. They are coloured blue and black to distinguish them - but they are very nearly the same size.

Any shortcomings here would cause the symptoms you describe. If you are tempted to have a look yourself, bear in mind the Tee piece is fragile. Don't disconnect the hoses attached to it - it's not necessary. Best of luck - an honest answer from the dealer would be interesting...