Trade-sales - ian s
I am considering buying a car from the car supermarket, Trade Sales in Slough. Has anyone any handy tips on this or comments, good or bad? I am worried the cars are not UK specification and will create problems later on.

Ian S
Trade-sales - Huw
I have a 1986 Opel Corsa 1.3ls which I imported from Belgium when new. I have had some difficulties getting insurance companies to recognise it and one of the reasons for not selling it has been that I did not think I would get a good price compared to a UK Vaux Nova of similar spec.

Trade-sales - Obsolete
Ian

I recently bought a Ford Ka and found that Trade Sales were not as competitive as you might think, though it does depend on the car. They do the basic for £5.5K. Add on £200 to get it on the road and you get £5.7K with a one year warranty. Local dealers do the same for £5.8K - £6.0K with a 3 year warranty. I even saw one at £5.5K. Also Trade Sales cars are imports so this might effect the resale value. I think TS are more competitive for expensive cars. Try a search in google for other car sites.

Also, check out www.drivethedeal.com. (Listed in HJ's facts.) They will supply from a UK car dealer. A basic Ka on the road with a 3 year warranty is £5.5K.
Trade-sales - Dodge
I bought a Fiat Punto sporting 1 year ago. The car has been great and came with all the extras aircon sunroof cd changer etc.
I do think they could improve their sales staff. I have used motorpoint and their staff are much friendlier and spend a bit more time with the customer.
One tip be a bit cautious about the cars that are in stock ie on display. Check them out thoroughly Most people will order their cars in advance from the computer lists of cars being delivered these can be secured with a 300 deposit. the cars on display may have been rejected once delivered because of blemishes etc so its caveat emptor check everything especially if they appear to be the last of a particular model they have got.
Better to see that they have 20 of your car and choose one of these.
Last tip the website is very good and lets you see which cars are due to be delivered....